Hellow,

I have a question, I'm still planning to buy a new tubeamp but the amp I want has no FX loop...
I play a lot of overdriven sounds with a good amount of reverb, I know reverb BEFORE a preamp sounds like poo!
But I was wondering, if my amp is on clean and I get my overdriven sounds from a pedal, can I place my reverb behind my overdrive to make it sound right?
Maybe a stupid question but since I have no reverb pedal (my previous amp had it switchable built in) I can't test it...

Thanx !
yeah that'll work

though if you've bought an expensive high gain amp that's probably not the best plan
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you're looking at amps, you could get around this whole problem by choosing one with a decent in-built reverb. But the way you're talking, you've already zeroed in on one amp.

Generally, things like reverb and delay are suggested to go last in a chain of pedals. Sticking a reverb before an overdrive will...overdrive the reverberation along with the guitar signal. If you do get a reverb pedal, yea - stick it after dirt boxes.