My band Tweak recorded a demo at a shitty local studio, who then mastered it in an hour. They gave me the raw files so I just spent the last 5 or so hours going through and mixing my own version :')

http://soundcloud.com/tweakmusic/sets/demo-of-love-jams-mix

Would someone give them a listen and tell me good/bad things? (About the songs in general or the mixing)

I'm the guitarist/singer of the band =]

I'm especially interested in what people think about the ending of the song Broccoli, it's mental.

And if anyone is interested in how the original mixes sound, they're somewhere else on that soundcloud account =]

thank you!
The drums are too low in the mix. Did you close mic them? they sound a bit distant. The vocals could do with the reverb backing off a little bit, especially in broccoli. In banjo joe, the bass could use some compression.

On the plus side, I liked the songs and the quality is pretty good for a demo.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
They were both pretty catchy man. The only thing i could suggest is maybe compress the bass and pan it to either side and then turn the vocals up. oh and also maybe a little more gain on the guitar solo in broccoli. but yeah sounds good man.
Who did the older mix's? They sound a lot better

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Cheers guys =].

The studio we recorded them at did the first mixes, but only spent an hour doing so. I've not really got any experience in mixing so I spent a good few hours working on them, thanks for the advice both of you =]