Page 1 of 4
I see all these people saying how ''Evil'' and ''misguided'' this bils is, but I think and want it to PASS.

Now don't come here and bash my head in the wall with your Silly ''but theyre gonna take my youuuutttubbbee'' argument , aight? I'm open for debate and discussion but with rational arguments and logical statements.

Now I know I must not be the only one here who is for the S.O.P.A bill. so likeminded Ugers it's time to unite! this is the place to discuss freely.

Do your best Ug.

http://vimeo.com/32592166
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by ShevanelFlip

Now I know I must not be the only one here who is for the S.O.P.A bill. so likeminded Ugers it's time to unite! this is the place to discuss freely.

It won't be, after SOPA passes.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You have one post to convince me that SOPA is a good thing. I will not have it said that I didn't give it a chance.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by ShevanelFlip
I see all these people saying how ''Evil'' and ''misguided'' this bils is, but I think and want it to PASS.

Now don't come here and bash my head in the wall with your Silly ''but theyre gonna take my youuuutttubbbee'' argument , aight? I'm open for debate and discussion but with rational arguments and logical statements.

Do your best Ug.

This site hosts copyrighted material. Therefore, it will be blocked after the RIAA complains about it.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
This site hosts copyrighted material. Therefore, it will be blocked after the RIAA complains about it.

If this website opperate under illegal terms then yes it should be taken down.

If UG want to stay, then they know what they have to do and take down the illegal content.
Quote by KeepOnRotting

It does so legally. This site pays royalties and is legal -- it has been for some time.

Threadstarter, what are your reasons for supporting it? I'm curious
My God, it's full of stars!
You're stupid.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by ShevanelFlip
If this website opperate under illegal terms then yes it should be taken down.

If UG want to stay, then they know what they have to do and take down the illegal content.

The point is that they can take down all the illegal content they want to, UG can still be shut down if any major rights holder BELIEVES them to be hosting illegal content, or they believe that they are owed for any of the many covers or cover albums that are put out by UG community members (Even though such recordings and compilations are protected under free use and are created and distributed without profit)
Quote by ShevanelFlip
this is just f*Ed up.

Quote by ShevanelFlip

not much we can do sadly.

This was from the thread about SOPA last month. What changed your mind, TS? Like Dreadnought, I'm curious to hear your reasoning.
Quote by Dirge Humani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9TGj2jrJk8

Not anymore it doesn't. Whoops.

UG has hired staff -- I'm sure there's something you agreed to, either by registering or by using the site, that alleviates liability from them and places it onto the users who post material.
Quote by Dreadnought
UG has hired staff -- I'm sure there's something you agreed to, either by registering or by using the site, that alleviates liability from them and places it onto the users who post material.

And SOPA changes that.
seems like someone's just posting shit to be different and piss people off for the sake of it. There's no explanation to why SOPA is a good thing let alone better than the way things are now, let alone not a completely awful idea. at least not in this thread
Quote by iro-bot31
This was from the thread about SOPA last month. What changed your mind, TS? Like Dreadnought, I'm curious to hear your reasoning.

I informed myself, that's what happen.

so far the replies in this thread are exactly what I would have come to expect from Ug ; Misguided attack with no real arguments to back them up.
Quote by ShevanelFlip

so far the replies in this thread are exactly what I would have come to expect from Ug ; Misguided attack with no real arguments to back them up.

*reported*

Enough kiddo.
Quote by ShevanelFlip

You're stupid.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by ShevanelFlip

Do you have any links to articles or anything that changed your mind? There aren't very many pro-SOPA pieces out there to my knowledge, and seeing the other side of the story would be interesting.
Quote by ShevanelFlip

Except that we've read through the law, through the interpretations, through articles and articles...

Last edited by L2112Lif at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by ShevanelFlip

By all means, TS. Please inform us to your obviously wise ways. If you can convince my "misguided" mind that SOPA is a good thing, I'll be beyond impressed.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by BDR_23

that's all.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I read that you can get 5 years in prison for streaming 10 copyright protected videos in 6 months. That would land my sorry arse in jail before the end of the first day.
Quote by Dirge Humani
And SOPA changes that.

Howso? It would rule mute contracts such as that? No offense, but I find that hard to believe. You gotta back that up with some text from the bill.

EDIT: Mute = moot
Last edited by Dreadnought at Jan 17, 2012,
Stupid Over Price Analsex
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by iro-bot31
Do you have any links to articles or anything that changed your mind? There aren't very many pro-SOPA pieces out there to my knowledge, and seeing the other side of the story would be interesting.

Yes thanks for your open mindess.

Here a Take on the SOPA issue by senator Charles.E.Schumer

Thank you for your contacting me in opposition to S.968, the PROTECT IP Act. Like you, I believe that consumers should have access to a vibrant and innovative online community to discuss their ideas and opinions. At the same time, we must not let the internet become a haven for intellectual property thieves.

The threat to intellectual property owners over the internet is clear. Every year, the US Chamber of Commerce estimates that copyright theft costs our nation about $58 billion in lost output, 373,375 in lost jobs, and $16 billion in lost employee earnings. These numbers present an unacceptable burden to US businesses. In addition, companies may be less likely to innovate because their products may be stolen by intellectual property pirates, creating a drag on the US economy.

The PROTECT IP Act addresses the problem of intellectual property theft online, but it also contains important due process protections to ensure that legal activity over the internet is not disrupted. As you may know, the PROTECT IP Act would allow the Department of Justice to file a claim against a website that 1) has no significant purpose other than engaging in or facilitating copyright infringement, circumventing technology controlling access to copyrighted works, or selling or promoting counterfeit goods or services; or (2) is designed, operated, or marketed and used to engage in such activities. A judge would have to find that a website is intentionally violating intellectual property rights of an American entity before he could issue an order against that site. I believe PROTECT IP Act would provide law enforcement and intellectual property holders additional tools to protect American intellectual property from websites while still ensuring the constitutionally protected rights of free speech and due process. The PROTECT IP Act currently is awaiting action on the floor of the Senate, and I will continue to monitor this bill as it moves through the Senate.

Thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

I think people are over dramatizing the impact that SOPA will have on the internet.

I encourage you you to check out some pro stuff online too. Seems like hating on SOPA is a internet bandwagon thing.
No, you're wrong. You're stupid.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
TS, I want to kick the top of your head off and shit in your empty brain pan.
Quote by ShevanelFlip

The vast majority of the "misguided attacks with no real arguments to back them up" I've seen have just as much, if not more, of an argument to back them up compared to you coming here and saying "SOPA is good, just because." I wait patiently for your elaboration on this stance.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quoting a politician in the pocket of big business? OP is a retard.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Bill
At the same time, we must not let the internet become a haven for intellectual property thieves.

Stopped reading here.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Also, only cigar-smoking, suit-wearing capitalists support intellectual property
i don't know why i feel so dry
Page 1 of 4