Page 1 of 2
So yeah. Me and my girlfriend are looking for a good horror/paranormal movie. Shoot us a bunch. We've seen a lot but what's your guys favorites.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Gamer.

Because it was a horrible film.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Red Dragon/Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal

A series of classics.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Wrong Turn/House of Wax/Paranormal Activity 1/2/3.

The best horror films ever made. Ever.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The Haunting (1963)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I watched Hatchet II today. Better than the first. Danielle Harris
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by ethan_hanus
Room 1408...or something along those lines, I thought it was a great movie.

That the one with Samuel L Jackson in?

If so, that was actually quite weird and creepy. Worth a watch.
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Quote by beadhangingOne
That movie absolutely has not aged well.
I disagree 100%
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I disagree 100%

Do you have to try to be right about everything!?!?

The Thing (1982)

They Live (1988)

Suspiria (1977)

The Exorcist (1973)

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Don't Look Now (1973)
Last edited by blake1221 at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by blake1221
Do you have to try to be right about everything!?!?

The Thing (1982)

They Live (1988)

Suspiria (1977)

The Exorcist (1973)

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Don't Look Now (1973)
Yes. And I can prove why I'm right too!

You have good taste in horror.

I second Don't Look Now. And not just for the sex scene!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Yes. And I can prove why I'm right too!

You have good taste in horror.

I second Don't Look Now. And not just for the sex scene!

Do explain why you're right, because I haven't seen that one.

Okay....I just fast forward to the sex scene.

I'll be honest, a lot of my horror movie watching started when I was 16ish and Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments came on around Halloween.

It's not scary, and some people think it's stupid, but Antichrist with Willem Defoe was pretty entertaining, but also extremely grotesque. I'll admit, my favorite part was the fox scene, but I won't spoil everything.
Grave Encounters.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I bought the original Halloween on BluRay about two weeks ago. This thread has inspired me to watch it tonight while procrastinating.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Gin Gwai

Do NOT watch the shitty american remake.

That's a good Chinese horror movie. See the Hollywood remake and it was terrible.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

The Re-Animator (1983?)

From Beyond (1986)

Scanners (1980, more sci-fi but a good, gory film nonetheless)
Quote by blake1221
Ooh!!! Watch [REC]

Are you just saying that because it's a Spanish film?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Are you just saying that because it's a Spanish film?

No, because it was above and beyond badass.

Olé.
Quote by blake1221
Do explain why you're right, because I haven't seen that one.

Okay....I just fast forward to the sex scene.

I'll be honest, a lot of my horror movie watching started when I was 16ish and Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments came on around Halloween.
It's basically the best haunted house movie ever made. It's based on one of my favorite books ever, The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.

Stylistically, it's beautifully shot. There's a lot of shadows used; the lighting is much akin to the film noir of the 50s.

I like the Bravo list, but I'm more of a fan of traditional Hollywood horror instead of the Asian movies that are typically lauded by horror fans. I think The Haunting was top 20.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
It's basically the best haunted house movie ever made. It's based on one of my favorite books ever, The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.

Stylistically, it's beautifully shot. There's a lot of shadows used; the lighting is much akin to the film noir of the 50s.

I like the Bravo list, but I'm more of a fan of traditional Hollywood horror instead of the Asian movies that are typically lauded by horror fans. I think The Haunting was top 20.

It was a little heavy handed on the asian influence, but it was favorable as well of European and American styles. I prefer the latter two anyways.

I'll need to watch it soon. I think horror movies that use thematic motifs, themes and symbolism are always more fun than traditional "let's just scare the shit out of them" movies.
Quote by blake1221
It was a little heavy handed on the asian influence, but it was favorable as well of European and American styles. I prefer the latter two anyways.

I'll need to watch it soon. I think horror movies that use thematic motifs, themes and symbolism are always more fun than traditional "let's just scare the shit out of them" movies.
Typically what I like in horror is a nightmare or dreamlike atmosphere. Because realistically, a horror movie is never going to happen (in most cases). But where they are possible is in your dreams. That's why I like black and white horror. Although I don't personally dream in b&w, it makes a movie seem other worldly.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Typically what I like in horror is a nightmare or dreamlike atmosphere. Because realistically, a horror movie is never going to happen (in most cases). But where they are possible is in your dreams. That's why I like black and white horror. Although I don't personally dream in b&w, it makes a movie seem other worldly.

That totally makes sense, and I agree with that. Sometimes though, stark reality horror gets to me, it's unnerving when it's presented (well, and pulled off) as a totally realistic or likely event. When I think of it's potentiality in real life, that's when it gets to me. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre had an air about it (and a lot of places that looked familiar, being born in Texas) of a pretty realistic occurrence, save for a few scenes.
Quote by blake1221
That totally makes sense, and I agree with that. Sometimes though, stark reality horror gets to me, it's unnerving when it's presented (well, and pulled off) as a totally realistic or likely event. When I think of it's potentiality in real life, that's when it gets to me. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre had an air about it (and a lot of places that looked familiar, being born in Texas) of a pretty realistic occurrence, save for a few scenes.
Texas Chainsaw feels very dreamy to me. Almost one of the best examples of that type of horror.

Halloween does too, but moreso when you play it in b&w.

Seriously, if you haven't watched Halloween in b&w do it now.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Is that an option? Shiiiiit I really need to do that.

Idk, the Summer-y haze about it really kicks it home for the whole realism thing. But maybe I just need to watch it again, and end up agreeing with you anyways.

Seriously though, how do you watch Halloween in black and white?
Quote by blake1221
Is that an option? Shiiiiit I really need to do that.

Idk, the Summer-y haze about it really kicks it home for the whole realism thing. But maybe I just need to watch it again, and end up agreeing with you anyways.

Seriously though, how do you watch Halloween in black and white?
Adjust the color on your TV.

For the the haze is what makes it dreamlike. It's realistic, sure, but it's filtered through that haze.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Then I have to find a video rental place, which might prove to be tricky.

Oh wait, no, I can just turn my computer's grayscale on. Sweet.

Quote by technicolour

Begotten

Did you really enjoy Begotten? The opening scene is the most interesting part, the rest of the movie unintelligibly drags on. Yeah, I get the symbolism and shit, but that doesn't make up for the extra forty minutes of run time.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jan 18, 2012,
Page 1 of 2