I think we've all had that moment where we realize that an actor/director that we've previously disliked has turned out some pretty decent work.

I had always disliked Ben Affleck, but was able to gain some respect for him through Good Will Hunting, but I think the turning point was when I saw him in Shakespeare In Love, just because I wasn't expecting that side of him at all. Seriously need to check out his directorial efforts.

Michael Cera - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It wasn't like he was that different than what I'd seen him in before, I just was able to like the movie without my opinion of him influencing it.

Will Ferrell - Stranger than Fiction. The guy can be funny, but I still find him incredibly annoying, especially when he yells. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

I'm sure there are others, what do you guys think?
I always despised Jim Carrey until Eternal Sunshine. Mainly cos the only other character he can do is to pull stupid faces and pronounce words strangely.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I honestly never thought Heath Ledger was as good as he proved himself to be in The Dark Knight.
When I heard that he'll be in that movie I was very skeptical; "Really? The prettyboy from A Knight's Tale?"
And when they published a picture of him as The Joker that didn't change anything either. He just looked like a child who got his hands on his grandma's make-up kit.

Hell, even after this tragic death my opinion didn't change, I still thought he was gonna suck.

But luckily, I was 110% wrong. Not only is the best Joker, he has something from every Joker in the past while still bring something new and fresh to the table.

And I can honestly say now that Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight is one of the greatest performances I've ever seen in my entire life.
I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio until I watched Catch Me If You Can and realized he's pretty talented, and then starting to see more of his movies and he's one of my favorite actors now.

Justin Timberlake is pretty awesome too; thank you Social Network. Shame he's not in too many movies.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Nicolas Cage, hate the man. Then saw Lord of War. Still won't watch him in anything else but I like him more now.
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
^ Nicolas Cage is just straight-up crazy. I sort of ping pong back and forth liking and hating his performances. Anyway you cut it, I think the guy is just entertaining to watch.
I hated Good Will Hunting. Matt Damon's character was such a douchenozzel.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by JayT44
I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio until I watched Catch Me If You Can and realized he's pretty talented, and then starting to see more of his movies and he's one of my favorite actors now.

Justin Timberlake is pretty awesome too; thank you Social Network. Shame he's not in too many movies.

He was great in Inception imo.

Especially that scene where he watched his girl jump. He pulled off the reaction perfectly.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
He was great in Inception imo.

Especially that scene where he watched his girl jump. He pulled off the reaction perfectly.

I hated inception.

Umm, for me it was Will Ferrel in "the other guys"

He's less annoying now.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel
I hated inception.

Umm, for me it was Will Ferrel in "the other guys"

He's less annoying now.

I hate you
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Conversely, I used to like Johnny Depp, but don't really anymore. I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory started the slide, and Alice in Wonderland deeply cemented it.

I didn't really like Inception either. *shrug*
Quote by skylerjames13
I hate you

Oh look, another generic, unthinking pit response...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
^ It was a joke?
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by DeaThrash
I honestly never thought Heath Ledger was as good as he proved himself to be in The Dark Knight.
When I heard that he'll be in that movie I was very skeptical; "Really? The prettyboy from A Knight's Tale?"
And when they published a picture of him as The Joker that didn't change anything either. He just looked like a child who got his hands on his grandma's make-up kit.

Hell, even after this tragic death my opinion didn't change, I still thought he was gonna suck.

But luckily, I was 110% wrong. Not only is the best Joker, he has something from every Joker in the past while still bring something new and fresh to the table.

And I can honestly say now that Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight is one of the greatest performances I've ever seen in my entire life.

First off, you obviously haven't seen loads of Heath Ledger films.

Second, The Dark Knight was DEFINITELY not "one of the greatest performances", it IS the greatest performance.

It's the opposite for me in this one: I used to be a fan of Adam Sandler, then he started doing kid's films. I thought his performance in Funny People was awesome though. I want to see more of this dude's serious side man.
Nope. Still think Adam Sandler is a douche.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by Wolfinator-x

You're a douche

I love him
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Eh, movies dont change my opinion on people, my opinion on people is determined from personal experience. What i get out of movies is how life would be in a certain situation, and that gives me a new outlook on life, rather than on people themselves
Eternal sunshine, great movie, let me put myself in someone elses shoes and made me think about what i would do.
Ben X, made me feel like im not alone, and made me want to help others by showing them how they affect others lives
5 minutes in heaven, made me feel how i would feel if someone killed a family member of mine.

Uh yeah i dont have many on the top of my head

BTW those are all free movies usually, watch them
Hugh Jackman in The Fountain. Its my favorite movie, and I think he's perfect in it. So much better than all of his other roles.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
First off, you obviously haven't seen loads of Heath Ledger films.

Second, The Dark Knight was DEFINITELY not "one of the greatest performances", it IS the greatest performance.

It's the opposite for me in this one: I used to be a fan of Adam Sandler, then he started doing kid's films. I thought his performance in Funny People was awesome though. I want to see more of this dude's serious side man.

Hunt me down and kick my balls blue, batman forever was the best batman movie
I thought the dark knight was average as ****...

Ben Affleck's performance in 'The Town' and his other directorial work totally changed my opinion of him as a total hack-job of an actor.

The movie 'In Bruges' also totally changed my opinion of Colin Farrell and is also the funniest shit evar.
My opinions changed of Dennis Hopper when he did the Super Mario Bros. movie. That movie was always going to be shit, but damn Dennis Hopper, just suck dongs in a dark alley next time you need money, it'd be less degrading.
My opinion of Trent Reznor drastically changed after hearing the score for The social network.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I've done the opposite with Jeff Bridges. I'm thoroughly convinced he can't do anything but The Big Lebowski

Ditto with Jim Carrey
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 18, 2012,
Russell Crowe, I used to think he was just some sheep shager. Then i watched A Beautiful Mind and really respect him.

Also Al Pacino, I thought he was excellent in the Godfather films. Then i watched Scarface and find him pathetic, **** that movie sucks
I hate Leo before I saw Inception.

I liked Brad Pitt, but wasn't entirely convinced he was anything special until I saw Kalifornia and Seven, and Snatch. He is the man. I always thought he just landed leading roles because of his pretty face.

Quote by Cianyx
I've done the opposite with Jeff Bridges. I'm thoroughly convinced he can't do anything but The Big Lebowski

He was brilliant cowboy one that I forget the name of.
Quote by Wolfinator-x

See, I used to think Adam Sandler was a douche. Then I watched Big Daddy and my opinion changed. Now I know he's a douche.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Zac Efron. Damn that babyface and that "cute" smile. DAMN THEM. /mad

But damn his performance on The Miracle Run. Really, people should see that and realize he's more than just that cursed "pretty" face of his.
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Seven made me like Brad Pitt as an actor.

Justin timberlake has also impressed me with his movie outings. Wasnt a big Leo D fan until Catch Me If You Can. Also Tom Hanks in Road to Perdition made me realize he was the real deal.
Knowledge is power
Quote by Kensai
My opinion of Trent Reznor drastically changed after hearing the score for The social network.

No. No.
He's always been God.

People people people....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eZQ41ytjvoY/Twrb8OcqymI/AAAAAAAAAjk/dzBCyiZQTqE/s1600/rooney-mara-social-network-1.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S1vBJGooO5I/TwQc4k4HrwI/AAAAAAAALUs/nuZYL1hwE-Q/s1600/The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo-Mara-Rooney.jpg

Did anyone use the verb "change"?
Quote by DeaThrash
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight.

Quote by JayT44
Leonardo DiCaprio, Catch Me If You Can

Quote by stitched_kid
Johnny Depp, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Quote by WishfulShredder
Colin Farrell, In Bruges

yup

Also, Constantine made me accept that Keanu Reeves is an emotionless twerp.

And Roman Holiday made me see Audrey Hepburn as a quite sweet girl rather than a dipsy brat.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by ingames
No. No.
He's always been God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatmdqTYivI

No.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████