Hey all!

So i've been registered a few years and had my instruments for a few years but never really had enough determination to succeed.

I just had a few questions for all of you, i basically just know an Em and Am chord as well as a few riffs from some Metallica and megadeth songs, so here goes:

1. I don't have money for lessons at the end of my working week, due to bills and expenses, im sure lots of you here can relate, i've got a few books that detail everything from chords to scales to rythm, to technique and finesse, basically everything you can imagine, the thing is i was wondering how to go about learning it all, the books are structured yes but there are hiccups that i can sometimes have, i read them all for about two hours a day, ill spend some time practicing a chord but truthfully ill get bored with the theory and start just playing random notes, is there any method to improve interest in it all? Taking a little at a time or..? Which chords would you recommend first?

2. Playing chords, when im playing a chord sometimes ill notice a buzzing, mainly with things like a g chord, when im holding the low e and the a, the a gets muted out and buzzes, i try arching my finger on the tip, feels like i have fat finger tips >.<, but it still buzzes, or if i manage to get it proper the high e im holding with my ring finger feels incredibly uncomfortable and my wrist just cramps up, its only when doing a few of these chords, when playing riffs it doesnt hurt, suggestions?

3. Im fine playing tabs, example being uh lets say Fade to black, obviously you have to put the time and effort into it, and i do, but for some parts, such as soloing seems overwhelming, speed isnt an option and neithers accuracy, im terrible, any advice for building up that accuracy and speed?

I know its quite a few questions but i appreciate you all taking the time to answer
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Strat
Fender Tele
ESP LTD KH 202
ESP LTD KH Ouija
Generic Acoustic Guitar

Amp:
Roland Powercube 20w

Effects:
Dunlop Kirk Hammett Wah
Alright here's my opinion on getting off the ground by yourself, but first I must say, I'd heavily recommend sitting down and playing with a proficient guitar player at least once to make sure you have fundamentals down (that is if you haven't played at all before though)

1) I'd just learn a few of the more common open chords, for example G, A, and D. Practice playing these along with a song (heaps of songs use these chords) Playing simple chords like this in rythm will build up coordination and hand speed, both of which will benefit you. To improve your interest try to balance theory work with learning a song that you like. It might be slow and tedious at first but as you begin to put it together phrase by phrase it will really become fun to hear what you can play.

2) I'm not certain exactly what is happening, but try changing the manner with which you grip the chord until you find one that works and feels good, then strum using that technique until you remember exactly what it feels like and that becomes your natural position.

3) Start with something easier. I'd say work on Smells like Teen Spirit, you may not like the song, but the opening has good power chord rythm to practice, and the solo is easy enough to not be overwhelming in the beginning. Don't try to do too much in the beginning, you will get discouraged and then not want to play. Once you master simpler things, keep pushing yourself.

These might not be the best answers, but if you have any follow ups, i'd be glad to answer.
Well, you could always ask some of your guitarist friens to show you a few things.

1) Well, I would learn a few more chords, like C, Em, G, E, etc. Once you got those down, you can piece them together and learn tons of songs with just knowing a few chords. and the major scale in a few spots to build up finger strength and independence.

2) you must re-adjust the way you go about fingering the chords. You will have to take some time to find an comfortable position that allows you to hear every note in a chord clearly.

3) As I said early, learning the major scale (and maybe the minor scale) will help build up some accuracy and improve finger movement. I would consider trying simpler songs with leads that aren't really complex, such as Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana or Today by The Smashing Pumpkins. After you learn a few simple songs and solos, then you can move on to more and more complex songs.

Hope this helps you out, dude.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Thanks for all the advice so far, ive been practicing Em, Am, D, A and C (very slowly) trying to make them clear and as comfortable as possible, but i go back to the same problem with a G chord, i just seem to mute out the A string, sometimes the D, i try putting my fingers on the absolute tip and it still mutes it out, i try moving my thumb up and down but im not sure what im doing wrong. Im practicing some of those tabs you guys recommended as well, getting there whew. Im also doing the 1,2,3,4 exercise slowly each day trying to strengthen each finger, how do you guys normally hold the guitar neck? I did have one lesson a month or so back, from what i remember, my thumb needs to be straight, and in the center on the back of the neck, which seems to hurt and not feel comforatble to me, and i was told to rest my hand on the bridge when playing, though when im playing, say for instance a metal song, ill hover my hand over the strings and palm mute when needed, am i forming bad habits here?
Lastly, sorry for the wall of text, im going to my friends house on Monday to pick up one of my ESPs, and he's agreed to show me some things, what are the major points i should ask besides hand positioning, chords etc
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Strat
Fender Tele
ESP LTD KH 202
ESP LTD KH Ouija
Generic Acoustic Guitar

Amp:
Roland Powercube 20w

Effects:
Dunlop Kirk Hammett Wah
find a song you want to play and go to youtube. Check out the different people giving lessons and find the person you like the most. There are several people who give free lessons on youtube. My favorite is Marty Schwartz because he is a professional and he does several different genres
Everyone has their own preference as to youtube guys, but I find Jason Sandercoe to be extremely helpful and deliberate in his method of teaching, which is nice.
I second Marty Schwartz as a teacher. He's very, very clear with his lessons, has crisp quality videos and remembers that many of his viewers are beginners.
So i ended up going to my friends house today, where he taught me a few basic scales, told me to make sure my hand posture was right, as well as fingering technique etc, when i managed to pull off a G chord he said that was all there was to it, that basically all i could do now was to practice it, i was going to check out some videos that you guys posted thankyou its all overwhelming at the start

Does anyone have a routine for beginners of maybe some basic lessons to practice each night? or am i better off just doing my own thing, i was reading freepower's little topic on technique, and noticed this:

E||--2----0----3----0----|--0---3-||
B||--3----1----0----0----|--2---3-||
G||--2----0----0----1----|--2---0-||
D||--0----2----0----2----|--2---0-||
A||-------3----2----2----|--0---2-||
E||------------3----0----|------3-||

About chord changes, it seems like a good idea, to familiar myself with each chord first, making sure i can play them perfectly, then slowly, 1...2...3...4 strum each chord four times at a slow tempo then change at a comfortable speed, and slowly try to get better each day, obviously i can research more chord shapes and try incoroprate them, then write up a tab and memorize it to play it off by heart, thats not a problem.

Beginner songs, i can play all of Enter Sandman except the solo, which i might try slowly, very slowly, tackle it and come to terms with it, though ive noticed i still mess up other parts of the song, i suppose all i can do is to play bits seperately each day and perfect them, its just a nice change to chord practice and scales, which i know is vital, but if im not practicing some music i like at the same time, i will go insane

Anyone have some recommended beginners songs?

Again thanks for being patient with me
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Strat
Fender Tele
ESP LTD KH 202
ESP LTD KH Ouija
Generic Acoustic Guitar

Amp:
Roland Powercube 20w

Effects:
Dunlop Kirk Hammett Wah