I have a bit of a conflict of the mind as to what to buy, its either the Behringer BG412S cab from Cash Converters for $250au or a Boss ME 70 pedal also for $250. I already have a good idea what the pedal will do but have no idea how good the cab is. I play a bit of rock and hard rock and thats mostly it but also dont mind having a go at some of Gary Moores stuff as well. My amp is a Epiphone So Cal 50 tube. The guitars are listed below and have .009 gauge strings on all but 1 of them. My question is will the Behringer sound rock-ish and what style of voice does it have, I kind of like the english voiced stuff. Any thoughts? Help....
The cab you build is probably on the same quality, possibly better then the Berhinger cab. What speakers are loaded into your cab btw?
Thats the kicker right there, I havent been able to get speakers locally and havent seen anything decent for sale for under $400 excluding freight. I still have to cover my cab and am going to revise the front panel so that is recessed further like a marshal. If I could find some speakers then I would definately finish my one off and not bother with the ME70 or the Behringer but after 3 months of looking and waiting for some speakers at a good price, Its time to just buy one and finish my one off later. Id love a pair of Celestion V30's and maybe a couple of Eminence Red coats as well but they all retail at about 185 each here in the land of OZ...
Check out Wearhouse speakers, they make clones of many Celestion speaker and other companies. They also ship internationally, so you might want to get in contact with them to see what the prices are.
https://wgs4.com/

If your interested, the Verteran 30 is their take on the Vintage 30.