Did any of you apply to attend uni for 2012? If so, which courses and campuses did you list as preferences, and did you get in?

I got an offer for Bachelor of Music at the University of Newcastle.

This is the first time I've felt happy about achieving something in a long time.

If you applied and don't know yet if you've received an offer you can check the UAC website right now, or depending on the university you'll get a letter in the mail tomorrow. If you didn't get an offer, don't worry, there's more offers coming out at a later date.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by The_Casinator
You guys get offers? I just signed up, and I'm studying at the best law-uni in the country.

At the conclusion of our Higher School Certificate we get an ATAR (Australian Tertiary something something. It used to be the University admissions index - UAI) based on our grades. We then apply for every uni and course we want to attend and hope the one that we really really want to attend has enough spots available for us. They base admissions on people's ATARs. My course had no ATAR requirement so I had to attend an audition.

If there's a spot for you at any of the unis you applied for once they've taken your (and everybody else's) ATAR and other pre-requisites into account, they send you an offer. If you applied for many courses you might get 3 or 4 offers, but you'd only accept one of them.

The ones you rejected would be offered to those who missed out because you received an offer instead of them.
Already at Monash Uni, did that sheet last year. Best uni in Melbourne
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
A Bachelor of Newcastle eh?

Quote by AgainstYou
Already at Monash Uni, did that sheet last year. Best uni outside of Melbourne

Fix'd
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Butt Rayge
Did any of you apply to attend uni for 2012? If so, which courses and campuses did you list as preferences, and did you get in?

I got an offer for Bachelor of Newcastle at the University of Newcastle.

This is the first time I've felt happy about achieving something in a long time.

If you applied and don't know yet if you've received an offer you can check the UAC website right now, or depending on the university you'll get a letter in the mail tomorrow. If you didn't get an offer, don't worry, there's more offers coming out at a later date.

A what?
Quote by Butt Rayge

I got an offer for Bachelor of Newcastle at the University of Newcastle.

Medicine perhaps?

That was me last year. Million interviews and random applications. I've ended up in BSc/MBBS at Uni of Qld despite being a Melbournian
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Quote by Bob_Smith
Medicine perhaps?

That was me last year. Million interviews and random applications. I've ended up in BSc/MBBS at Uni of Qld despite being a Melbournian

He said audition so I'm thinking music.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Fix'd

You sir, win this thread
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by jambi_mantra

makes more sense. i opened up reply before he posted
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by jambi_mantra
A Bachelor of Newcastle eh?

Fix'd

Quote by Dan_5893
A what?

Quote by Spaztikko
Bachelor of Newcastle at the University of Newcastle. Nice.

Quote by Bob_Smith
Medicine perhaps?

Quote by Cianyx
Newcastle 101 is in session

Quote by jambi_mantra

I quoted ever post either poking fun at, or attempting to solve my little mistake. Basically every post in the thread.

It's a Bachelor of Music, yes.
Quote by jambi_mantra

Fix'd

9/10

Melb Uni students be jealous of our rad architecture
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Quote by AgainstYou
9/10

or rather, the sparseness of it
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by AgainstYou
9/10

10/10

Monash students be jealous of our #1 ranking, city location, history, awesome old and new buildings...

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I'm hitting up a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Sunshine Coast. Looking to be an Accountant. Pretty stoked to be using my brain finally.. after taking a year off to earn some money after school. However, all of my money ended up in drift cars and Ernie Ball guitars.
Quote by some.will.seek
I'm hitting up a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Sunshine Coast. Looking to be an Accountant. Pretty stoked to be using my brain finally.. after taking a year off to earn some money after school. However, all of my money ended up in drift cars and Ernie Ball guitars.

were you at flinders or grammar by any chance?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by jambi_mantra
10/10

Monash students be jealous of our #1 ranking, city location, history, awesome old and new buildings...

Meh, I got into this argument the other day, then I realised I was bullshitting the whole thing. If Melb offered law undergrad I would probably have gone there haha. In all seriousness though, I definitely think the best med,law, (insert other undergrad degree only offered as postgrad at melbourne) students are going to Monash.

ALSO: The big ugly Menzies building (the one which had to have another wing built onto it lest if fall over) was developed by Melbourne Uni educated architects.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Last edited by AgainstYou at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by AgainstYou
Meh, I got into this argument the other day, then I realised I was bullshitting the whole thing. If Melb offered law undergrad I would probably have gone there haha. In all seriousness though, I definitely think the best med,law, (insert other undergrad degree only offered as postgrad at melbourne) students are going to Monash.

ALSO: The big ugly Menzies building (the one which had to have another wing built onto it lest if fall over) was developed by Melbourne Uni educated architects.

certainly for med, a lot of the best students are going to monash, but only because its a 5 year course and it ranks above newcastle/new england and western sydney's medical schools as the only other degrees in the country that are 5 years (and not graduate entry).

the australian medical schools association ranks monash as the 7th best medical school though which usually isnt information that is available to you unless you are actually a medical student, which is a little counterproductive because that's when you need the information least... if people actually did know about it, monash med would be much less competitive.
i wouldn't be sure about law though, but i assume again, since melbourne law is graduate entry, monash is the next best as a degree itself, so naturally, that's where the victorian law hopefuls head
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
thats the abbreviation of our swimming club: anus club

a fitting description for a bunch of men in speedos splashing around in a pool
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by AgainstYou

Yea I don't actually care, it's just banter. Monash said I had to do a year Psychology diploma before entering in to second year of arts (while skipping first year) coupled with the 90 minute drive and the fact that I got into Melbourne. It was an easy choice.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau