Confectioners in Saudi Arabia have sparked controversy with their latest sweet-sounding deal: a free litre of petrol for every customer who buys a chocolate bar.

But the promotions have spurred an outcry from Saudi economists who claim the giveaways exemplify the Kingdom's wasteful attitude to its oil reserves, the world's second largest. Local analysts have warned of economic disaster if Saudi continues its current high rate of energy consumption.

Chocolate bars typically cost about $0.50 in the Kingdom, while a litre of petrol retails for $0.80.

Source

I found this funny. Pretty accurate commentary on the wastefulness of the oil-rich nations around the Arabian Gulf.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live

Do they ship that abroad?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Maybe they'll sell more gas as everyone gets fat from the hundreds (or thousands) of chocolate bars they buy per year.
Nestle and Kraft are stroking their beards and doing the sinister laugh right now.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Nestle and Kraft are stroking their beards and doing the sinister laugh right now.

That reminds of something Jesse Ventura would say. I like that.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Oil prices have reached a new high record and they are giving it away for free? Have they never heard of global warming, scarcity or maximizing profits?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Oil prices have reached a new high record and they are giving it away for free? Have they never heard of global warming, scarcity or maximizing profits?

Little thing called the Arab Spring, them dictators are running scared.
Quote by gabcd86
Little thing called the Arab Spring, them dictators are running scared.

So the Arab dictators are maximizing their utility over time by giving away free oil, but gaining extra years of reigning the land? That sounds more logical indeed.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Bomb them.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by Neo Evil11
So the Arab dictators are maximizing their utility over time by giving away free oil, but gaining extra years of reigning the land? That sounds more logical indeed.

Bloody economists. *reads and re-reads*

I think so, yeah. No use maximising profits over the long-term if you're not safely in control of the oil, sort of thing.
Step 1: Buy heaps of chocolate bars @ $0.50, get free litre of petrol.
Step 2: Sell free petrol @ $0.80

So, one of you set up a supply line, someone else get me some cash reserves and another eight of you come up with some awful and convoluted action-filled plan, and we can go Oceans 11 on the Saudi royals.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Pretty sure this is meant to be a "lol, we have so much oil we can give it away, sux2bu" sort of thing.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by gabcd86
Bloody economists. *reads and re-reads*

I think so, yeah. No use maximising profits over the long-term if you're not safely in control of the oil, sort of thing.

That doesn't seem to be it though. The companies who sell chocolate and stuff are the ones coming up with it.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
That doesn't seem to be it though. The companies who sell chocolate and stuff are the ones coming up with it.

Oh, missed that. Still, they couldn't do it if the Saudis restricted oil supplies, I guess.
And people say we are terrible people
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Do you give out free petrol with chocolate? No. Bastards.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

With people do you mean the Jews? If so, not we don't think the Jews are terrible people, just you.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
With people do you mean the Jews? If so, not we don't think the Jews are terrible people, just you.

That's not what the politics thread said.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Liter.

It's a free liter.

Still a good deal, but you're going to have to buy a shitload of candy bars to fill up. What I don't understand is why they didn't just cut out the middleman and make a liter of gas $0.50?
*Litre
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Well, that makes buying fuel either 0,5 or 0,8$/L.
Wat teh f***.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
*Amuricuh

*America
If I had a litre of gas every time I bought a chocolate bar...
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Quote by Hydra150
*America

u obv dont live here boi were the fack is glasgow neway sounds liek terrorist place 2 me just liek this thrad is obv about arabs savng munny to make mor boms
Quote by Hydra150
*America

'Merrikuh
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Rockford_rocks
u obv dont live here boi were the fack is glasgow neway sounds liek terrorist place 2 me just liek this thrad is obv about arabs savng munny to make mor boms

Allahu Akbar!
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
That's not what the politics thread said.

No one here hates Jews, the ones making any posts that you think are 'anti-Jew' hate Israel's government and the actions of the military, not the population of Israel.

OP: I had a good laugh at this. I agree with what Entity said about this.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Neo Evil11

Thing is though, in Saudi Arabia it seems like more of a gimmick than anything else. They have a relatively small middle class, low percentage of Shiites, ex-pats living there happily free of income tax. They don't really have a reason to revolt. It seems prophylactic more than anything else. It's still HUGELY wasteful, for the reasons you mentioned in your first post (global warming, high oil prices on a the global market in general, etc)
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
****ing awesome. If you got it, flaunt it, lol.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I like the planet and I find this offensive.

willT08 approved.

(Yeah what? Gotta accommodate the new guys)