Hi all. I'm once again in the market for a new amp (Head, this time), and my budget is roughly 600-700 USD. I've been browsing around a lot, and can't really decide what I want. But I do know that I want an all tube head, preferably 3 channels, and I'm looking for roughly 100-120 watts, to match my fellow guitarist in my band. We play a variety from Progressive metal to thrash, so good cleans and a high, clear gain is a must.

Judging from my budget and the primary online sites, I don't have many options. But two that seem to fit my specs are the B-52 ATX100 and the Bugera 333xl Infinium. I know both of these companies have had their problems with QC, but from my understanding, These specific models are the "Re-released versions with common problems fixed" models.

Is there anything I should know about these companies, such as "who has a better warranty/service?" "Who is less likely to have problems with?" and so forth?
Or can anyone steer me in a safer direction?

Any/all help is welcome! Rock on and thank you in advance! \m/
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Spam the crap out of Craigs List til you find someone willing to give you a Dual Rec for $700.

The Peavey Ultra or the JSX would also be good choices, like coolstoryangus mentioned.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've been searching local cl for a xxx since this time last year >_<. Also, I found out that I'm getting enough back to almost have enough for a 3120 new Although I know the 3120 has different tubes than the xxx
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
I'm not a fan of the XXX. The 3120 is better, IMO. because the EL34's tame a lot of the harshness that comes with the 6L6 XXX. It's smoother, more pleasant to listen to. The XXX can just be... straight up abrasive. I recommend them all the time, because they can be had really cheap, but if you have the option, I'd definitely go with the 3120. It looks 100x better too.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thank you for your input. My guitarist has a xxx, and I love the tone from it. But I found a peavey VTM* 120 on cl for 250, I'm most definitely snatching that. Also saw a classic butcher on there for 350.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Last edited by grayfox1001 at Jan 19, 2012,