Tell me if you have any experiences with this bass. Is it good for metal like Slayer, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Overkill etc? I might consider buying this, if it is worth it. So, tell me what you think about it!
No, low end ESP's are terrible for anything. Do yourself a favour and pick up a Squire Jazz VM if your on a budget. Many many many Metal players play Jazz basses.

Unlike Guitar there's not really such thing as a "metal" bass. A good bass can do pretty much anything.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I see... I currently have a Squier Affinity p-bass (this one to be exact: http://www.thomann.de/fi/fender_squier_affinity_pbass_rw_sb.htm) and its my first bass. I was just thinking of buying something a bit more expensive and better, and that 300 euros will probably be my maximum budget... But I'm really not buying anything yet, I just happened to see that Viper and decided to ask peoples opinions about it!
Last edited by ShockHazard at Jan 18, 2012,
What amp are you playing with? A squier affinity P is still a solid working bass, there's no reason to put more money into a bass unless everything else is better. Used is also a better choice, for tight budgets, and you can get great things at great prices used.
Quote by ShockHazard
I see... I currently have a Squier Affinity p-bass (this one to be exact: http://www.thomann.de/fi/fender_squier_affinity_pbass_rw_sb.htm) and its my first bass. I was just thinking of buying something a bit more expensive and better, and that 300 euros will probably be my maximum budget... But I'm really not buying anything yet, I just happened to see that Viper and decided to ask peoples opinions about it!

The difference in that price will be minimum. Save up another 300 then think about upgrading. There is 0 point in buying loads of entry level basses, which the B-50 definitely is.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Ok, thanks for your advices! Maybe ill just stick with my Squier and start saving money! Oh, and my amp is currently a Harley Benton HBW-20. Not really the best amp, but it was one of the cheapest and it has been loud enough for me to play at home.
Quote by ShockHazard
Ok, thanks for your advices! Maybe ill just stick with my Squier and start saving money! Oh, and my amp is currently a Harley Benton HBW-20. Not really the best amp, but it was one of the cheapest and it has been loud enough for me to play at home.

To be honest an amp does way more for you than the bass itself. Do you see yourself ever playing with people?

I wouldn't suggest upgrading your bass til you've done something about your amp. You can make a cheap bass sound good through a good amp but not a nice bass through a bottom of the barrel amp.
Actually, I might be starting to play with a band soon. Can you recommend something? This is getting a little off-topic, but it has to be cheap compact, because my room doesnt have space for anything huge...
Size and cost aren't always proportional--what is your price range. I agree, a good amp upgrade will always make a lesser bass sound better, the opposite is rarely true.
I have a GK MB200 head it's 200 watts at 4 ohms and less than 2 pounds (about the size of half a textbook.

Get a 2x10 that handles 4 ohms stack it sideways and it's a compact cheap unit. This is what I want to do.

Markbass has nice small heads, but you'd be hard pressed to find one and a cab on your budget.

It really depends though, if you need headroom, and volume and didn't have DI/PA support you would potentially need a big setup. Most likely 200 watts a 2x10 and a DI such as a sansamp bass driver would make a perfect mini setup, especially with the P bass. Get a new pickguard, strings and make it rock.