Great blackout, guys....
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
They show you the content for a second or so before it goes to the blackout screen so you could've easily screencapped it before that.

Myth busted.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^ It's very likely intentional.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CyanideOverkill
exactly that's the point , you can use wiki by just stopping the page loading before it is completely loaded and you can easily escape from the Blackout!! It is weird that these guys don't know how to program a website!!!

This is exactly what I did. Not what Kensai suggested, the disbelieving bastard

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by CyanideOverkill
exactly that's the point , you can use wiki by just stopping the page loading before it is completely loaded and you can easily escape from the Blackout!! It is weird that these guys don't know how to program a website!!!

lik oh em ge i totes agree....
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by CyanideOverkill

This. I've been doing this all day. Wikipedia blackout = FAIL.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Kensai
They show you the content for a second or so before it goes to the blackout screen so you could've easily screencapped it before that.

Myth busted.

oooohhhhhh
Or you can add "?banner=0" to the end of the URL
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Quote by wigzwamz
Or you can add "?banner=0" to the end of the URL

It works. I tried it.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
First off, it's wikipedia, what do you expect? Secondly, it is most likely intentional. Like a "Here's your content, nope, that content would be unavailable if SOPA/PIPA passes."
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Quote by CyanideOverkill

Or you can disable JavaScript in your browser, wiki even tells you how to do it if you don't know how.
Quote by CyanideOverkill
MARVELOUS!!! Now you can even edit pages!
We can go to talk pages of the moderators (which are mentioned in here [who have made the decision]) and edit em and write that you suck

These people are protesting something for your benefit, and you want to tell them they suck?

You utter bastard.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by boreamor
Wikipedia wouldn't want the content to be inaccessible. It's a protest, not a strike.

this.

as long as it raises awareness of the issue it's done its job.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by CyanideOverkill

They're making a political point. They're not trying to hide information from you.
Quote by sam b
I can just go on Finnish wiki

Problem, English?

It is if you can't speak Suomi.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by duggyrocks
The way I see it, the kind of people who haven't already heard about SOPA are the type of people who won't know how to get around the wiki blackout

Exactly this...

Also, this is a much safer way to show a blackout than to rewrite the actual homepage of wikipedia.
You can also stop it by turning off javascript, viewing the mobile version of the site, or viewing simple wikipedia. They want you to be able to use it in an emergency, which totally makes sense.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I hope every American among signs this petition as well as others that are inevitably floating around somewhere. I'm Dutch but since most websites I use are American censorship would be balls.

I think it's absolutely genius that a huge website like Wikipedia would do this. It's a shame and missed opportunity that Google doesn't even mention it on its front page.
What the hell is up with people saying things like "ololol Wiki blackout =ballzz".

Obviously there are ways to get around it, because Wiki aren't cunts and they are on the side of you getting the information....

EDIT: ^^^Signed Google's petition
Last edited by willT08 at Jan 18, 2012,
You do realise guys that you can still access wikipedia? They even tell you how in the "learn more" section.

And whilst you are chuckling to yourself in your chair as you circumvent the blackout, you are completely disregarding the very important point that wikipedia, reddit and other sites are trying to raise awareness of.

Seriously, grow the **** up.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
If you read their info on their blackout they even tell you a couple ways to get around it, ie disable JavaScript, use a smartphone, don't use English version, stop loading the page, etc... You're clever
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by frankv
I hope every American among signs this petition as well as others that are inevitably floating around somewhere. I'm Dutch but since most websites I use are American censorship would be balls.

I think it's absolutely genius that a huge website like Wikipedia would do this. It's a shame and missed opportunity that Google doesn't even mention it on its front page.

Why hello fellow dutchman!

Google changed their logo in protest. I think it's more important for sites like Google, Facebook and Twitter to be open so that when sites like Wiki and Reddit bring people to the attention of SOPA they aren't completely lost to as what it is.

They hear about it from wiki and then ask about it on Facebook or Twitter or look it up on Google... Much better than just shutting everyone out with no info as to why or to educate themselves
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by frankv

https://www.google.com/

Click on the Google icon, it sends you to a petition against SOPA/PIPA.
Quote by notoriousnumber
You do realise guys that you can still access wikipedia? They even tell you how in the "learn more" section.

And whilst you are chuckling to yourself in your chair as you circumvent the blackout, you are completely disregarding the very important point that wikipedia, reddit and other sites are trying to raise awareness of.

Seriously, grow the **** up.

+1.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.