Poll: Do you support SOPA/PIPA?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you support SOPA/PIPA?
Yes, I support SOPA/PIPA
20 4%
No, keep the internet free
447 96%
Voters: 467.
Page 1 of 3
The only people that would support this are the people who know nothing about the internet.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Quote by theunforgivn
I search bared it and didn't see a poll for it

2 of them are on the first page right now.

I think. I haven't checked in a while.

EDIT: Make that second page.
No and no one should. It's a completely absured legislation brought forth by clueless individuals.
I don't know what it is, let me just Wikipedia it real qui... WHAT THE HELL!?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Kriegherz
The only people that would support this are the people who know nothing about the internet.

This.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by boreamor
No of course not. Ignoring the whole retardness of the actual bill and how 1984 it is, it's my damn internet.

This. This isn't China damnit

also, great book
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
I do love Mexican soups. Plus, Pipa seems way hotter than her sister Kate. I'd probably have to say so, though I can't quite see why you made them a package deal.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by amaranth_todd
Fuck no. It would completely destroy the internet.

Anybody who says otherwise is ignorant.
I like what they're trying to achieve, but not how they're doing it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Definitely not.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I guess they dropped the SOPA in the shower while masturbating to happy thoughts of PIPA Middleton.

Nope, I don't support it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I like what they're trying to achieve, but not how they're doing it.

+1
#DTWD
The people who vote yes are Senators/Representatives disguised as UGers.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by wyldething
I do love Mexican soups. Plus, Pipa seems way hotter than her sister Kate. I'd probably have to say so, though I can't quite see why you made them a package deal.

Oh my god... I was totally going to make a spanish soup joke, but I didn't know anything good on Pipa (Which is a royal sister or something)

Good on you sir
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Everyone needs to just calm down about SOPA.

I mean, I doubt it'll even pass through Congress. Even if it did, Barack Obama would NEVER ratify it. And just say he did, the judicial system would shoot it down pretty quickly.

Besides, it's not like the will of the governed matters to the government anyway. SOPA and PIPA are political statements, not serious legislation. The sponsors are trying to send the message that they are capable of bullying us and that we can do nothing about it.

Furthermore, even if by some act of Satan SOPA and PIPA went into effect and were not stricken down judicially, don't you think the horde of subversive hackers would find a way around it? Ever heard of the little group Anonymous?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by Spartan070sarge

Furthermore, even if by some act of Satan SOPA and PIPA went into effect and were not stricken down judicially, don't you think the horde of subversive hackers would find a way around it? Ever heard of the little group Anonymous?

People will resist, but it is ridiculous how many things are being declared criminal activity.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Everyone needs to just calm down about SOPA.

I mean, I doubt it'll even pass through Congress. Even if it did, Barack Obama would NEVER ratify it. And just say he did, the judicial system would shoot it down pretty quickly.

Considering the number of co-sponsors and supporters, yes it could. Also, remember that little bit about the NDAA? Yup.

Besides, it's not like the will of the governed matters to the government anyway. SOPA and PIPA are political statements, not serious legislation. The sponsors are trying to send the message that they are capable of bullying us and that we can do nothing about it.

The idea behind a representative government is that the will of the governed triumphs over all. Thats why you get recall elections in California, thats why we now have direct election of US Senators. Over the course of American history, we've done nothing but open voting rights and open the public voice. The idea of 'sending a message' that your voice doesn't count is an excellent way to relinquish your job.

And thats why SOPA/PIPA are harmful bills even to be considered... Because they DON'T DO THEIR JOB. The fact is that you can circumvent search engines and DNS simply by plugging in an IP Address. These bills are out-and-out censorship bills to anyone who understands the internet.
Quote by L2112Lif
A buncha stuff

You make very good points, but that's all under the assumption that the government has the American people's best interest in mind, which it does not and has not since Kennedy was assassinated.

These bills are designed to be fear bombs, nothing more.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Hell fucking no.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by Spartan070sarge
You make very good points, but that's all under the assumption that the government has the American people's best interest in mind, which it does not and has not since Kennedy was assassinated.

These bills are designed to be fear bombs, nothing more.

No. Constant talk about Iran, N. Korea, and China are fear bombs. This is a declaration of war against intellectualism and against technology.
Quote by stealstrings
This must be the 5th thread about this today.

Irrelevant. SOPA could mean no more good forums if it passes.
Quote by L2112Lif
No. Constant talk about Iran, N. Korea, and China are fear bombs. This is a declaration of war against intellectualism and against technology.

There it is! The mysterious war against intellectualism! And I thought it was only a myth...
My God, it's full of stars!
I doubt either of these bills will actually become laws, but let's just say they did.
Hackers will find ways around the censor, and people will set out in murderous rage because of the blatant censorship.

So, we end up with a law that both does absolutely f*cking nothing to help the cause it was made for, and is terrifyingly unpopular. Any politician fond of his bodily functions would want to remove said law.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Hell no. Garden of Grey has already said everything worth saying.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Who the heck are the six people who voted yes?!?!

No I don't support it. The ones who thought of it obviously don't know anything about how the internet works. If they did, then they'd see that hackers could find a way around it.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Should have been a public poll. See who votes yes then
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Dreadnought
?La sopa? !Me encanta la sopa!

Soup.jpg

Quote by element4433
Enough threads about soup please.

Coincidence?
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Page 1 of 3