I live in a student apartment complex and just went up to my attic to store some things. The door to my space in the attic (they give you a small "cubicle") was open and my lock seemed dissapeared. Inside everything was opened and scattered everywhere. All my bags were opened, some cut open with a knife.

Nothing was stolen, though, guess the would-be thief couldn't find anything of value in a poor student's attic I'm a little offended. Atleast take my tripod, midi keyboard and camping equipment.

Anyways, I contacted the caretakers of the apartment complex who hopefully replies soon. Share stories of... similar events or something.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
"He's on UG, he must have a valuable guitar"

Nope, keyboard.

Well played, you troll.
That wasn't a thief, it was your alter ego Kensai!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
You gonna get raped....
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
When I was still living in a house with my family, someone broke in through the back garden. They apparently couldn't get into the main house though, because they instead decided to break into the toolshed, get a pair of shears, and cut the strings of a badminton net my family had put up in the garden.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Where is that article about the early 20th-century German family in their farm that were murdered one by one in the barn when you need it >_>
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
You sure you didn't just cut your own bags open in your sleepwalking? Maybe your subconscious wanted to make you paranoid.
I remember when all my friends houses got broken into, in a span of 4 months. It felt like all eyes were on me,while I was awaiting for my house to be broken into. Never happened though.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I'm really scared that someone will break into my student house. Between the 5 of us we have 6 laptops, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, 2 iPods, 2 guitars, amp, 42 inch TV, PS3, xbox, speakers, harman kardon speakers, etc.

It'll literally be a pay day if they break into this house.
Someone kicked our door in/ jacked it open with something.

Our student halls have a flat with 6 rooms sharing a kitchen/ living area. They must have ****ed off after realising that we were sat in my room chatting though, went to look and the lock in the door frame was completely missing and the door was completely ****ed.
Quote by boreamor
I'm really scared that someone will break into my student house. Between the 5 of us we have 6 laptops, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, 2 iPods, 2 guitars, amp, 42 inch TV, PS3, xbox, speakers, harman kardon speakers, etc.

I might do it now.

At least if the guy who kicked our door in got in, the only place they could get to which wasn't locked was the kitchen/ living area and theres nothing valuable there.
Quote by boreamor

Well good day to you sir.

*begins hunting boreamor without mercy*
Knowledge is power
Quote by entity0009
cut the strings of a badminton net my family had put up in the garden.

What a complete shuttlecock
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Wait, was that your locker? I'm sorry man!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Just went up again to make sure nothing had been stolen, and it seems everything is there. Also seems like the burglar cut up the bags up until the middle of the storage space, then left the bags in the back alone because "fuck it, this guy doesn't have anything"

Quote by kLinic
I thought you were dead. ._.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by boreamor

*takes notes*
Someone broke into our house when I was a kid -> we used to have this "TV corner" where I kept all my nintendo cartridges among others -> I had like this really cheesy looking Super Mario hardcase storage box which had about 20 or so cartridge slots: basically my most priced posession in the whole wide world

So on the morning of the crime I was heading towards the TV for some good ol' Ninja Turtles sidescrolling action when I noticed the TV was sitting on the floor... I'm gonna save you the details of this highly traumatic experience but when the cops came over to make note of this hideous crime my dad suddenly freaked out because he'd just realized the VCR (which we kept right under our TV) was missing

...turns out the burglar was only interested in the VCR so after lifting the bigass TV (I don't wanna sound like a spoiled rich kid: remember this is the 90's so these things still weighed a ton) and unplugging all the necessary cables, he just left the TV on the ground and took the rest. My dad starts shouting "WTF is wrong with our TV, why wouldn't he take it? I mean, there's track tires outside so he obviously had a van but this TV set is brand new, blablabla"... Not kidding: he was actually upset that the culprits weren't interested in his brand new television

I was pretty damn amused until I found out my Game Genie was missing and about 3 or 4 game cartridges and THE REST WAS STILL INSIDE THE FRIGGIN' BOX!!! Srsly: this guy basically went "Nope, I already have that one. This one sounds boring, I don't like Disney games anyway, hmmm, Solar Jetman? Maybe I'll give that one a try. Turtles 1 and 2?? Why, it'd be a bit exorbitant to take them both, I'll just take part 1 and see how I enjoy that one, maybe I'll come back another time..."

What a picky m*therf*cker

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Jan 18, 2012,
More stories.

Quote by shwilly

I was pretty damn amused until I found out my Game Genie was missing and about 3 or 4 game cartridges and THE REST WAS STILL INSIDE THE FRIGGIN' BOX!!! Srsly: this guy basically went "Nope, I already have that one. This one sounds boring, I don't like Disney games anyway, hmmm, Solar Jetman? Maybe I'll give that one a try. Turtles 1 and 2?? Why, it'd be a bit exorbitant to take them both, I'll just take part 1 and see how I enjoy that one, maybe I'll come back another time..."

What a picky m*therf*cker

Maybe the job was ordered by some kid with lots of money
Well, I've had my MacBook stolen along with its charger from my backpack.

The bastards didn't even bother stealing my philosophy textbook at the same time. Bastards.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Someone broke into our apartment when I was a kid. Me and my mom were in the living room (my dad was at work) and this guy broke the kitchen window (we lived on the 1st floor) and it was really scary. He ran into the living room and ran back out when he saw we didn't have anything worth stealing, not even a TV, and he climbed out the window and disappeared.
cat
Such a blatant violation of your attic wouldn't have happened if you had less stringent gun legislation, you liberty-hating Swedes.
Quote by boreamor

Where do you live? I'll guard your place for you when everyone is away.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by ethan_hanus
Apartments have attics?

Yes, there's a shared attic in the building. My storage space is actually right above me. I think most apartment houses have some sort of shared storage space.

Quote by zdh
Such a blatant violation of your attic wouldn't have happened if you had less stringent gun legislation, you liberty-hating Swedes.

How would that help? Shotgun trap?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Then who the hell did I shoot in the chest?

Why did this make me lol
You're alive!

I was so sad when I heard that you had been eaten by wolves.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by hazzmatazz
Our caravan got burgled once.

I know that feel, bro.

Such is life on the Trail.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Obviously you got this.
Someone (must have been a Gryffindor) went through all my stuff looking for a very special diary. I found it later again. Nothing was written it in so that was alright.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
My ex-girlfriend's house was broken into. They smashed thier way through the french doors, and proceeded to rob the place clean of chocolate and TV remotes.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
You're alive!

I was so sad when I heard that you had been eaten by wolves.

You said I had been eaten by wolves

Quote by magnus_maximus
I have the opposite problem. Things keep appearing in my room and I don't know how they get there. I found a woman's belt, the other day. This is after finding a metal crucifix, a silk flower and a fake nail in my jacket at various times.

I think you might be sleep-crossdressing.
I live in the dorms, and I locked my door one night and went to sleep.

When I woke up it was unlocked. Then I found out my buddy from across the hall tried opening it in the morning and somehow, in doing so, it unlocked.

I felt violated
In my house in Sheffield, both neighbours either side of us were robbed, plus various other houses down the street.

Never robbed us though; whoever the robbers were obviously saw me, realised I was hard as nails and left us alone.

Actually, that reminds me. I was talking to one of the lads who was robbed who explained what happened round his house:

He came downstairs one day around noon to see two lads in his front room, unplugging his housemate's Xbox from the TV. He asks, as one would in this situation: "What are you doing?", to which the two lads replied, " What are YOU doing?"

My neighbour says, "I ****ing live here you pricks," at which point the two robbers fled and my neighbour chased them down the backgardens of our houses.

EDIT:

Another neighbour says he was in bed with his girlfriend one day when a guy pops his head round the door to the room.

He casually says, "Sorry about that folks. Wrong room!". My neighbour and his girlfriend simply assumed he was a friend of one of the housemates and carried on doing... whatever they were doing.

Anyway, turns out the guy was robbing the house, and continued to do so whilst they were in bed!
Last edited by fender_696 at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by Kensai
You said I had been eaten by wolves

Stop trying to switch this around so it's all my fault. The point is that I thought wolves ate you.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"