Page 1 of 2
One of my students asked me this question the other day; he wanted to know what band I would want to play for if I had the opportunity.
Taking into consideration your current skill level (be honest), which of your favorite band(s) could you step into right now if they called and said we want you to join?

My two favorite bands are King's X and Alice in Chains, I could cover all the guitar parts, unfortunately I don't sing as well as Ty Tabor or Jerry Cantrell.
Since I wouldn't have to sing, I guess I'd go with The Cult or Iron Maiden.

Let's try to keep this civil, don't bash someone for their ability, or their musical taste.

Next...
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by entity0009
Sunn O)))

Ninja'd... but, it´s true. Them or Electric Wizard.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Beastie Boys...

It's a skill level thing more than an interest thing. Tomorrow I will have been playing for 5 weeks.
Justin Bieber.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Porcupine Tree. The most difficult parts are the bass and drums, and a few guitar leads. But I'm pretty confident that, if Steven Wilson spent like an hour or so with me every day for a week or a week and a half, I could nail the music.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by RearyGay
Well I am currently trying to audition for Born of Osiris, so here's one of my audition videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKmZJ4glPl0&context=C3bb6435ADOEgsToPDskI61J4wFzPJJAYNyRfMED0J

Good luck dude.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
My favourite bands have guitarists that are at a much higher level than me.

Maybe some nonsensical alternative rock band with chords that don't go much harder than power chords.

Thank you, TS.
I'd love to open for anyone.

Large bands, medium sized bands and even small non famous ones.

Althought, the more people in the audience, the better, I would LOVE to play infront of 50, 000+ people.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Cancer Bats?
They don't have ridiculously hard guitar at all, and I can flail around like an idiot without worrying about ****ing up...and if I do...everyone else will be flailing around like idiots too much to notice anyway.
Quote by treborillusion
I'd love to open for anyone.

Large bands, medium sized bands and even small non famous ones.

Althought, the more people in the audience, the better, I would LOVE to play infront of 50, 000+ people.

Umm...ok. That wasn't the question though.

I could probably do well in RHCP, I know a large number of their songs too, so it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort.

It'd be real cool to be in a band like Aicle too...now that they've split up I could hop a plane to Japan, dress like a confusingly attractive chick and join a reformation.

I reckon playing rhythm guitar for Orianthi would be great too, I could pull it off easily and...it'd be working with Orianthi. I'm probably too tall for it though, her current rhythm guy is tiny, assumably to make her look taller.

Guitar in Jason Mraz' live band would be super cool too. All o'those Maj7 chords. @_@
I don't care, it's my answer, that is my dream gig, to open for anyone who I choose.
and to play infront of 50, 000+ people.

I'd like to remain Trebor Illusion but......... Idk, maybe jam in an all star, then.
Slash on Guitar, Me (I play guitar, so I'd be lead rythm guitar too), Ms. Dynamite on lead vocals and and just for the heck of it, let's have Axl Rose too and pretend Slash and Axl actually work together for a second.... then that I guess could be a dream gig.
Axl could play the piano, maybe scream, sing too but if I could, I'd get him to write the thing we play.

Let's donate all proceeds from this dream event which still needs a drummer, to guitarists, escourts, web cam models and models who pose in films and gallerys who aren't getting paid because no one will hire them.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jan 18, 2012,
I would really love to jam on- and offstage with RHCP. Every line-up they had featured such great and beastly improvisers
Hm well I would like to be a vocalist along with Anthony Kiedis or Trent Reznor. In terms of playing skills I would probably fit into Bishop of Hexen.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
RHCP, Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi. i nearly definately play harder stuff but theyre the sort of musical "phase" that im into at the moment.
the casualties because it is easy and fun to play or any punk band really or any atreyu their rythmes are easy
press ctrl + w
I'd like to play with Moondog or Raymond Scott.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Metallica, SOOOO much.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
There are several, but the top three would probably be Strapping Young Lad, Porcupine Tree, and Riverside.

If I had to choose between those three, I'd never make a decision.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Lady Gaga.

Not even joking.

I'd love to make Lady Gaga the drums...
You heard me.

If she was, I'd be on drums... I'd beat Lady Gaga like a drum, she is hot; she could also sing if she wants too, it's really up to her.
Quote by laid-to-waste
I could probably step in for Angus or Malcolm Young from AC/DC, not the most difficult music to play but a hell of a lot of fun.

In fact, Id rather be BB Kings rhythm guitarist.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Jimmy Hendrix, I play sloppy too so it won't be too hard.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I'd love to be the second guitarist in Chevelle.

They need it. Bad.

Also, a new singer, but their vocals are too high for me.
I would love to 'step in' for Slash or to step back and play 'under him' and keep to rhythm and stuff; play what guitar B has to play opose to guitar A.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Last edited by treborillusion at Jan 18, 2012,
I could probably JUST step in and do lead guitar for Zebrahead, if Greg showed me a thing or two first. I know a bunch of their harder solos already so I'd like to think I could manage.
I would have to say Metallica. They are who I've spent the most time studying and the reason I've gotten to the playing level I'm at now.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I think if Jeff Loomis was still in the band, I could play rhythm guitar parts for Nevermore. That would be downright killer. I'd play guitar with AFI as well, since their parts are alright enough for me to get down. Coheed and Cambria also come to mind.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Any folk-punk or 80's hardcore punk band. Actually, pretty much any punk band that I like. It would probably be Andrew Jackson Jihad or Black Flag though. Other than that, a progressive metal or math rock band. This Town Needs Guns or TesseracT.
you're a stone fox
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Jimmy Hendrix, I play sloppy too so it won't be too hard.

Well Jimi won't play at all. So you'd be the center of attention.

I can totally fill in for the second guitarist in Babyshambles. I doubt it. Wouldn't want to try.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Given my skill level, this.

Im sure the session musician that Bieber hires would be an impressive, highly professional and expensive guitarist.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
Im sure the session musician that Bieber hires would be an impressive, highly professional and expensive guitarist.

I don't think he does, since he plays guitar too.
Page 1 of 2