How do you organize your songs?
This is how I do it for the most I create.

Intro
Intro 2
Verse
Pre chorus
Chorus
Little solo
Verse
Pre chorus
Chorus 2 (bigger than the first one)
Solo 1 (melodic)
Solo 2 (shred)
Chorus 3
Final Solo
Last edited by Daniel'sDream at Jan 18, 2012,
If that works for you, then great. I just play what sounds good, normally I kinda work a structure out as I go.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It depends on the song but if that works for you it is ok. There also a lot of fun in organize songs in new ways
I play prog jazz - We all start in the same key and time signature (usually C# minor in 7/8) Then Change key and time signature after a certain number of bars (usually taken from the digits of pi or the fibonnacci series). When two or more us end up in time we end the song on a cheesy metal power chord.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Intro
Intro solo
Verse
Pre
Chorus

Then different sections, solos, and sometimes I repeat and end with a Chorus....

Saludos!!!...
I don't think you can lock into one structure and just write in it. That's very limiting. Different songs require different structures.
Quote by Daniel'sDream

Intro
Intro 2
Verse
Pre chorus
Chorus
Little solo
Verse
Pre chorus
Chorus 2 (bigger than the first one)
Solo 1 (melodic)
Solo 2 (shred)
Chorus 3
Final Solo

congratulations, you're a generic metal band!

since i stopped deluding myself that i'm a singer of any caliber, i just experiment with textures and motifs and timbres and play them against each other and hope it sounds good and gets long enough. tends to be far more organic than riff->riff->riff->riff->riff->breakdown->shred->riff
modes are a social construct
Yeah, your form is pretty generic, but............. Whatever works you know? if you make a song that sounds good written in that structure, then why not write another in that structure?
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Great compositional techniques of form. (Binary form, Tertiary form, Rondo form, Sonata form)
Study them, they're great building blocks, plus, you don't have to follow them verbatim. You can use more a suggested version of each. Structure and phrasing is half the battle!

Hope this helps!
Brendan