Poll: What do you listen to/enjoy?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you listen to/enjoy?
Rock
32 30%
Hip Hop
4 4%
Both
55 51%
None
16 15%
Voters: 107.
Like one but not the other?
Like Rap Rock i.e RATM or Rock Rap i.e N.E.R.D?

There are great guitar riffs just hiding in rap and really cool lyrics disguised with crazy hair and mosh pit/head banging...
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
I like both if they're done well, and both together if they're done well. Both genres have great artists and crap artists, and the combination of the two has great acts and absolutely horrid ones.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I mostly listen to rock, and the occasional hip hop song. I can't say I actively listen to both, but I don't mind both either.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I haven't been on the Pit for 3 years, and when I'm back, there are still stupid polls like this?
My Spanish Hearts
I'm more of a rock listener than hip hop. I can still appreciate hip hop and I do listen to it. I wouldn't say I listen to both equally so I just voted rock.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Voted "neither" because the poll sucks.

I listen to dubstep, rock, house, jazz, classical, blues, country, and rap. Whatever sounds good at the time.

Edit: ^You stole my shrug.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jan 18, 2012,
I dont like synthesized noises. Electric organ stuff is tolerable, but anything else just sounds cheap.

Although RATM is awesome if anyone's ever played guitar with someone who can freestyle and spit shit when you're trying to confuse them (I did this the other weekend throwing in measures of 5/4 and just going ballistic with it), you can really appreciate the kind of skill and gifts that come with it. (hip hop)
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Jazz, Blues and Soul.

But Rock > Hip Hop, to my ears.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Metal.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
I clicked none. I don't listen only to one thing. Or two.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Kensai
I mostly listen to rock, and the occasional hip hop song. I can't say I actively listen to both, but I don't mind both either.

pretty much this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by captaincrunk
EDM d-.-b

How do you do that backwards d?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by rx_eb
I haven't been on the Pit for 3 years, and when I'm back, there are still stupid polls like this?

War The Pit never changes.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
How do you do that backwards d?

OT: Both. I listen to drum & bass probably more than both, but I was into hip hop before rock/metal/everything else.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I listen to drum & bass probably more than both, but I was into hip hop before rock/metal/everything else.

+1

Same here, been jammin that seba all day!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I was into various forms of rock when I was younger, but now it's almost all "roots" music.
Blues, alt-country, contemporary folk.
I have never liked rap or hip-hop, not even a little.
Rock is pretty much my go to genre for music. Never been a fan of much hip-hop.
Depends on what rock is.

I prefer punk, post-punk, new wave and post-rock I think. But I assume that's rock..
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
i'm not a big hip hop fan at all, but one rapper i really like is tech n9ne and he can be kind of heavier at times. twiztid and ICP honestly aren't that bad either (please no "miracles" or juggalo jokes, i am in no way a juggalo). i stand by my opinion that ICP is way better than mac miller and all that other bullshit rap out there today.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Kanye. Blu. Biggie. Snoop. OFWGKTADGAF nigga.
But my first love will always be metal.
As for mixing hip hop and rock--never heard something I liked that much...usually it sounds the way most bands do when two polar genres are mixed; like it's trying to hard to be different.
The playground of the world
As long as it's good it's good. Don't bother me with gansta rap or something but I dig Dizzee Rascal and Tinie Tempa-esque rap. Bonkers is kind of an anthem for me =S
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
I'd take this over 95% of the rock the Pit listens to.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I listen to Trip-Hop a lot. Probably my favorite genre.

Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps, Morcheeba, Portishead, Crystal Method, Digable Planets
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Both are the shiznit, but combined like RATM or Gym Class Heroes or whatever is almost always puke-worthy bad.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.