Page 1 of 4
I always hear people say "And there was this coloured guy stood at the bar" instead of "And there was this black guy stood at the bar".

People saying "And there was this black guy - I'm not racist by the way, he's was just black - stood at the bar" really bugs me.

This really bugs me. I'm white and I've always called black people black. I don't believe it to be offensive, it's just how it is. People seem to be too scared to call black people black without feeling the need to mention they're not a racist.

What do the black people of the pit think?
I think ya'll niggas be trippin'.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
It's racist and you should feel racist.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
What's wrong with saying 'there was this guy stood at the bar'?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I've always wondered why they would bother telling you that the person was black unless it relates directly to the story.
I love white people so much. Some of the things they do are just adorable.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
It's stupid. If I am describing someone their skin color is one of the first things to mention. Just like you would mention height or hair color.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by theguitarist

Because adding the fact that he was black triggers about 100 assumptions in the mind of your everyday, averagely socialized white person. Completely necessary.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by theguitarist

But, he's a black man. You know. So people can keep an eye on their wallet.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I've always wondered why they would bother telling you that the person was black unless it relates directly to the story.

I like it when people describe the person. It helps me imagine it a little bit better.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by theguitarist
What's wrong with saying 'there was this guy stood at the bar'? ?

Well usually there's going to be more to the story involving racial stereotypes, and possibly a joke.

If you said "there was this man at the bar who kept axin' fa mo waffle fries" your audience would either assume he was black, or would probably be a little confused,
Quote by theguitarist

Sometimes it's relevant Like if the context is about black people, or any other description of people, then I'd mention it.
Elsewise I just say it was a man/woman/child/whatever.
So is there any kind of conversation where their skin pigmentation would be relevant that wouldn't be prejudiced? Barring conversations about such conversations of course.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm attracted to black girls.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
I'm black, and I find this offensive.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
I agree. The proper term is nigger.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Shit, I was planning on making a poll for this thread but forgot...

Also, the fact that there has to be someone who isn't white in pretty much every advert pisses me off. I don't mind people from different races being in my adverts but when they have to be there cuz some twat will claim the company is racist for only having white people in, that just gets my goat.
I'll start referring to black people as african american when they refer to me as european american. Unlike most of them, I was actually BORN in that continent.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I'm not black, but I am friends with several black guys, so I'm qualified to answer this.

African American is the correct term.

You're welcome.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
But, he's a black man. You know. So people can keep an eye on their wallet.

Now I feel racist
Shut up, no one listens to white peoples' opinions on differently-colored people
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Also, the fact that there has to be someone who isn't white in pretty much every advert pisses me off. I don't mind people from different races being in my adverts but when they have to be there cuz some twat will claim the company is racist for only having white people in, that just gets my goat.

You still can, in the lower left on the page.

And how can you tell if the black people are just there because they're quotad in?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

You can shit make a poll, look for it somewhere at the end of the page, there should be an "Add a Poll" option.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I love it here... I live in Thornton Heath.
I have to go to Brixton too... I love black people, home sweet home and stuff.

Thornton Heath's annual festival, 2011.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hef4sAkopTA/TnbiESEeyMI/AAAAAAAABTQ/nlFEvQASkGo/s1600/Image06281%2B%25282%2529.jpg
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I've always called black people black. I don't believe it to be offensive, it's just how it is.

Is it?

I'm pretty sure that colour is Brown
Quote by Kensai
You still can, in the lower left on the page.

And how can you tell if the black people are just there because they're quotad in?

Not every advert are for the new jail ololoolool

one guy in a wheelchair, one black, one white (female) and one muslim should be the default set-up for an advert.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by strat0blaster
I'm not black, but I am friends with several black guys, so I'm qualified to answer this.

You're welcome.

Please explain why. By the logic, isn't everyone who lives in America African-American then?
Quote by strat0blaster

You're welcome.

Raised in Queens, New York. they're black.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

I work for company which has one white guy one black guy in advertisements for the cleaning crew. However, the company actually goes through an outside company who employs Mexican immigrants. Several of whom I know are illegal. There isn't a single white or black guy in the bunch.

Quote by Dreadnought
Shut up, no one listens to white peoples' opinions on differently-colored people

They do, but probably shouldn't. Afterall, look at the popularity of the term Native American.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

I find it more funny in the US sitcoms, especially when you have a poster with all the cast on it, and it's like a united colours of bennetton ad, and each person is at best a mild stereotype but is usually just enough of a caricature that it isn't quite racist.

Quote by strat0blaster

You're welcome.

In the UK, it's officially 'Black British'
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Not every advert are for the new jail ololoolool

one guy in a wheelchair, one black, one white (female) and one muslim should be the default set-up for an advert.

You forgot native american. Can't believe how racist you are.

I think the US isn't as bad as Sweden when it comes to political correctness.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Hello

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Why do people call us black though? I'm brown. Most of us are either brown or dark brown. The rare super dark few look close to complete black. Sometime really dark people look like a deep dark blue when they are ashy or the light is shining on the a certian way. But then again, saying "Brown People" just isn't catchy.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
I'm of mixed race, and I just call black people black, white people white, asian people asian... It just is what it is, and unless contextually you imply someone's race to be a bad thing I see nothing wrong with this.

PS: This thread is horribly awesome. <3 Keep it going!
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
It's all good, black or white or asian or whatever... Now crack heads and drunks piss me off.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Please explain why. By the logic, isn't everyone who lives in America African-American then?

I didn't come from Africa, and neither did the last generations in my family, so at this point in my line, I have no real history there.

Some of them did/do, so that's why. But in all fairness, it'd be like saying that I'm Italian American, or Hungarian American, which is sort of stupid.

Quote by fearofthemark
Raised in Queens, New York. they're black.

Yes.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Page 1 of 4