Any ideas?? effects, pick/fingers, EQ/Amp settings??? like to hear your thoughts???
Use a pick, with a Rickenbacker through an Ampeg SVT.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
I don't think that a Rickenbacker is essential at all, personally. Perhaps to nail it 100%, but you'll get damned close just splitting the signal of most single coil neck + bridge pickup type basses (ie, a Jazz bass). I may be wrong, but I think he used to use the Rickenbacker to send each pick-up to a different chain, and run one driven and one clean.
Quote by Ziphoblat
I don't think that a Rickenbacker is essential at all, personally. Perhaps to nail it 100%, but you'll get damned close just splitting the signal of most single coil neck + bridge pickup type basses (ie, a Jazz bass). I may be wrong, but I think he used to use the Rickenbacker to send each pick-up to a different chain, and run one driven and one clean.

Yup, not a yes fan, but he does what I want to with my P bass, two signals. He also used two sideways 8x10's for his stereo rig. He used the neck pickup for the grit so the bridge didn't become overly harsh and tinny.
let's just say you don't own any of the above...how could one get close to that tone?
Quote by jtkguitar
let's just say you don't own any of the above...how could one get close to that tone?

Boosting your treble a bit, playing near the bridge aggressively with a pick, add some drive if possible.
Boost your treble, aggressive, but not too aggressive as to unbalance the universe or your chi (Qi).
Quote by askrere
Boost your treble, aggressive, but not too aggressive as to unbalance the universe or your chi (Qi).

Or you can boost 432Hz and play as agressively as you like without risk of damaging your natural ying/yang balance.