Hello, in a few months i will move from mexico to usa and i cant take my gear with me, so will sell it and buy new things in usa.
But i dont know very well what to buy...

Budget? - I will have around 1000 USD to spend on a guitar and an amp

Genres? - Metal, blues and all thing between, anyway Thrash metal is the heaviest i play.

New or Used? - I would not mind buying used

Home or Gig? - I will play mostly at home but id like to be able to use the same gear when i get a band.

Closest City? - Dallas, Texas

Current Gear? - The only things i will take with me are a digitech rp300 and a DIY octaver pedal.

Now for the guitar...

Favorite Artists? - I like 80s and 70s guitar tones very much, and i dont like Pantera like distortion/tones very much.
These days i have been listening to Jeff Beck, Vai, Jason Becker and similars and i like these very much.

Preferences?
- For the shape i dont care very much, but i like V shaped and les paul guitars. I would like to it have 24 frets. Im very sure i dont want a floating tremolo, but other kid of tremolo would be nice.

Pickups? - I prefer hambuckers, maybe with the posibility to coil tap
I dont really know if active pickups works for other things than metal, so passives...

Thanks!
Last edited by YamiFrankc at Jan 18, 2012,
Can't go wrong with Ibanez, the good ones have 24 frets I believe. The Digitech pedal you have is not bad. If you want a V guitar then Jacksons should be good. In your price range I would suggest Peavy amps.

Best idea would be to wait until you move and see if you can find used, www.craigslist.com can help you find used stuff.
id spend about $600 on an amp and $400 on a guitar but $500:$500 would probably work too.
from what i can think of off the top of my head, a Fender Blacktop HH Stratocaster would be awesome for what you want. humbuckers, standard tremolo, i quite sure that it has 24 frets and even though its a fender it gets from jazz to pretty ****ing brutal. but, obviously, its not shaped like a les paul or flying v. you wont find a les paul or flying v for that sorta price that has a tremolo.
as for an amp, a Jet City JCA22H with a jet city 1x12 cab would be awesome and so would and orange tiny terror.
Well since you'll be in Texas, take a trip to the local Guitar Stores (there are lots in the Dallas area) and start trying diff guitars and amps, till you find what you like.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Why can't you bring your gear?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Just wait until you get to the US and check out Craigslist for a good buy. It's silly to try and decide right now. That RP300 is a dog. You can find a good deal on a newer multifx once you get here.
I have the RP70 and I can get half descent sounds out of it, as long as you have a good amp and good playing technique it won't sound too terrible.

As for distribution, I would suggest spending more on the amp than the guitar.
Good guitar + bad amp = mediocre sound
Bad guitar + good amp = not bad sound
Someone above mentioned the blacktop strat. The new ones have a tele single cool between the humbuckers. But just wait and look up Dallas CL or its equivalent.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Thanks all
I know its kinda dumb to search for a guitar and amps this early but i can get an idea of how much money i will really need. Craigslist is cool, i will save much money buying from there.

Quote by Arby911
Why can't you bring your gear?

I cant take my gear with me because it would be overweight in the flight, they said they would charge me.
Anyway is my best chance to get a better rig!
Quote by YamiFrankc

Anyway is my best chance to get a better rig!

That is a GREAT reason!

Good luck.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin