Page 3 of 3
The second is an arbitrary unit of time. The hertz is the reciprocal second, therefore also arbitrary. Any pseudo-numerological derivations that involve the properties of the number 432 are therefore also arbitrary and are not "universal".

It's total, ****ing, annoying, stupid bullshit.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
God, how slow has the bass forum gotten in my absence? This is the shit they're coming up with now.

Like I've said many times, "troll threads get the most airplay". And five pages of this crap would tend to bear that out.

Think of the more productive use you could put to your time. For example, watching the entire, "Xena, Warrior Princess" series. How does this rubbish even compare to an ultra-violent, Grecian golden age, action adventure, with lesbian overtones?

Seen all of that? Then go with, "Cleopatra 2525". The entire series is available in one inexpensive box set.

And, since both of those series are cancelled by about a decade, you could "necro bump" yourself back to life while watching them.
Oh... My... God...

What an useless thread. Nobody cares in what tuning you are (Eb, E, D, whatever, in between Eb and E, they have all been used) as long as the band members are in tune with each other. And all your guitar strings are in tune. Some bands use tuning in between E standard (A 440Hz) and Eb standard or something between E and F (AC/DC, It's a Long Way to the Top is in F. Also some AC/DC songs are in between Eb and E, some are in Eb and some are in E standard). It might matter if your songs have a huge range in vocal lines and the singer can't sing that high/low. And that's why people play in A 440 Hz, it's a standard tuning (classical bands play in A 442Hz). And if the singer can't sing that high, you can transpose the song or change tuning to A 432Hz for example.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Oh... My... God...

What an useless thread. Nobody cares in what tuning you are (Eb, E, D, whatever, in between Eb and E, they have all been used) as long as the band members are in tune with each other. And all your guitar strings are in tune. Some bands use tuning in between E standard (A 440Hz) and Eb standard or something between E and F (AC/DC, It's a Long Way to the Top is in F. Also some AC/DC songs are in between Eb and E, some are in Eb and some are in E standard). It might matter if your songs have a huge range in vocal lines and the singer can't sing that high/low. And that's why people play in A 440 Hz, it's a standard tuning (classical bands play in A 442Hz). And if the singer can't sing that high, you can transpose the song or change tuning to A 432Hz for example.

You clearly know nothing about nothing so do us all more informed people a favor and sit in the back of the classroom with your mouth shut where you belong.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by jtkguitar
Anybody else tuning their bass (along with the rest of the band and their instruments) to standard tuning @ 432hz rather than A440hz????

Mainly I feel really ****ing irritated because everyone else in the band is using A440Hz so my bass is continually out of tune in relation to their guitars.

They're not very happy with me either.

If I shove a crystal up my ass at the same time though I get an unsettling feeling of contentment.
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
Quote by Hail
You clearly know nothing about nothing so do us all more informed people a favor and sit in the back of the classroom with your mouth shut where you belong.

Word.
OP: Hey guys, have you noticed a difference in anything tuning to this?

Everyone else: FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR BELIEFS, YOU'RE AN IDIOT AND A TROLL AND HOW DARE YOU FUCK*NG EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT TUNINGS YOU NiGGER ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT SPIRITUALITY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS BULLSHIT AND A WASTE OF OUR TIME, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE DOING IT!!!!! PISS OFF AND DIE IN A FIRE BECAUSE YOUR QUESTION OFFENDS ME!

/thread

EDIT:Had to add some more.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Sep 14, 2012,
Quote by Sleepy__Head
Mainly I feel really ****ing irritated because everyone else in the band is using A440Hz so my bass is continually out of tune in relation to their guitars.

They're not very happy with me either.

If I shove a crystal up my ass at the same time though I get an unsettling feeling of contentment.
Oxycodone will give you the same feeling at the standard 440Hz "A", although I don't know if it's available as a suppository.
Quote by Hail

Well, OK, thanks for your kind reply.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
This thread was whipped to death, brought back to life and whipped some more. I've put it out of it's misery. Let it rest in peace.

thread closed
Si
Page 3 of 3