and we play songs live, and release our albums for free on the internet on our own website, right? If one of those album songs happens to be a cover, would we get shut down due to SOPA?

this is all hypothetical, by the way, I'm not in a band right now. Just making sure I'll be able to do that when the day comes since I'd rather release songs for free and have people go to shows.
You will get large cacti inserted into your anus for the heinous crime of piracy.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
You might not even make it to releasing it free on the internet.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Because that act can shut down websites with copyright material on it. Even if the copy right owner was the one that put it up as far I can remeber
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Is Congress full of enough cunts to pass this bill..seeming that the whole world seems to be against it?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Green_Ghoul
wow. guess I'll have to never do covers.....will I get sued if I play a cover live?

Do you play live on the internet?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
nope, i play zero shows total

just a question for the future...I don't wanna get sued over nothing. **** SOPA.
Quote by Green_Ghoul
nope, i play zero shows total

just a question for the future...I don't wanna get sued over nothing. **** SOPA.

You seem so mad about SOPA but don't really know what it's affecting.

How could a bill that censors the internet affect your live shows?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
beats me, what if someone films it and puts it online? I know it's only internet, I'm just pissed off overall.
Quote by Green_Ghoul
why not?

Well, if I read it properly when I decided to actually read some of it and see what people were complaining about, it gives copyright holders the ability to basically switch it from "Innocent until proven guilty" to "guilty until proven innocent" with copyright infringement, so if they even accuse someone of it, they have to shut down, and ad partners have to sever ties with them(Just an aside, they're forced to sever ties if they're accused, even if it violates their contract, or else they can also be penalized. If they're proven innocent, there's no obligation to go back, again, even if this violates a contract).

The defendant can file a response to fix things if they want, but the problem with that is that with how easily sites can get taken down with it, nobody will want to partner with them. After all, a website that can be taken down just because someone accuses them of copyright infringement, right or wrong, especially one that can implicate you, is a pretty big liability for companies buying ad space.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Even under current copyright laws, you cannot distribute recordings of someone's composition without obtaining a mechanical license.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Green_Ghoul
it'd be my bands recording of their song though

Yes, but it's their composition.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Green_Ghoul
it'd be my bands recording of their song though

If I recall properly, I believe that copyright relates to intellectual property. You're performing the task, but they were the ones who came up with the intellectual property. A team of construction workers work to build a building, but that building was still designed by the architects and engineers.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39