I really should make the company I am searching for a favorite on my web browser. Every couple of years, I have to ask if anyone can provide me a link to an online seller of guitar cables. The company I am thinking of is somewhere in the Northwest, Oregon or Washington IIRC. I believe the cables they sell are their own brand. Other than that, I can't remember much more about the company.

They sell some pretty solid cables, for reasonable prices. I have been buying mine there for several years, but can't remember the darn name. Just lost the last one of their cables I had at a jam last weekend, so I can't even look to see if it was printed on the cable!
If you are buying cables every couple of years can they be that good? Or if you are destroying them, why not go with high end Monster Cables that have a lifetime warranty? When they break, just walk into a shop with them and get them swapped, no questions asked, no reciept needed.
Quote by 667
If you are buying cables every couple of years can they be that good? Or if you are destroying them, why not go with high end Monster Cables that have a lifetime warranty? When they break, just walk into a shop with them and get them swapped, no questions asked, no reciept needed.

Monsters Cables are high end?
Quote by chip46
Monsters Cables are high end?

You misunderstood. I meant buy their high end - avoid their low end budget models.

They are ordinary cables that get the job done - but the warranty policy makes them excellent.
Last edited by 667 at Jan 26, 2012,
Are you talking sonically? I don't think I could tell the difference between a Live Wire and an a $200 or whatever cable, not for how and what I play - and I doubt anyone that listend to me play could. Maybe if you had to have the best sonically - but that's not for me, I'd be wasting my money.
Live Wire is the same quality Moster imo, only it's Guitar Center's "house" brand, and they have a lifetime warrenty - but only at guitar center. I've got those in a pinch. But I like the solid connectors on the Monster. I hate connectors that unscrew. Ya, you cant fix them yourself, but so what - you get a brand new one for free.

Come to think of it... My cable that goes from my guitar out is a LiveWire. It's awsome. It's their 12' gold tip, yadda, yadda whatever. It was $34 or something @ guitar center. It has a right angle on one end, solid connetors, thick jacket. Great cable. I only got it because they were out of the monster I was trying to warranty. So I got it for $10.
Last edited by 667 at Jan 27, 2012,
No not talking sonically. Build quality and the type of cable used, not to mention bang for the buck. I find the Monster to be too expensive for what it is, and I'm not big on the solid connectors. I prefer something I can take apart and fix myself if need be.

I have a Planet Waves cable that's been kicking for a few years now. The rest of my cables are homemade, but if I were to buy new cable, I'd probably stick with Mogami or Planet Waves.
Last edited by chip46 at Jan 26, 2012,
Quote by chip46
No not talking sonically. Build quality and the type of cable used, not to mention bang for the buck. I find the Monster to be too expensive for what it is, and I'm not big on the solid connectors. I prefer something I can take apart and fix myself if need be.

I made an edit in my previous post.

But, I hear you. I'm just saying free all over is great.
My next $75 throw away money might go to that Planet Waves pedal board wiring kit.
That's just it, I have a soldering iron, I'm kind of handy, but I'm lazy and not quite starving.
You are right, I should learn.
Planet Waves cables have a lifetime warranty on them, too.

Regardless of the cost of Monster products I have yet to find any that don't sound 5h1t.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Planet Waves cables have a lifetime warranty on them, too.

But... they don't have an ageement with their retailers where you can walk into a store front with a damaged one and regardless of where/when, or if/how you bought it - or how it was destoyed, and get another no questions. You probably have to mail it.
For me that's key.

And I can't tell the difference anyway. I've tried.
i like monster. i own tons of them, a long time ago samash was passing out spend something like 200 and get $75 off, i picked up most of my cables there then. i went through the line for me with the limit, than my mom, than my dad (i was like 14 at the time).

i have broken two cables in 10 years and i have at least 20 high end cables two 12' and the rest 20' or whatever (it may be 21' or 18') like that. i also have all of their speaker cables too.

i can drive three minutes away and get a new cable if i break one. yes i could fix one faster and am more than able to, its just a durability thing. the solid connecters if were not in cables i probably would have went through dozens.

i can go to ANY dealer, WITHOUT a receipt, and get a NEW cable handed over the table. in and out in five minutes.

some companies you have to ship it to them. which is probably going to cost like $10-15 for shipping since i assume you would have to pay postage both ways and wait two weeks.

i have extra cables so i am not desperate to get one replaced. the extra cables would be put to use however if i were to run another amp with a pedal board. i wouold still have two extras though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
also if you can hear the tone in a monster cable, which i doubt you could in comparison to any $40-$50 cable, you could eq it out in my moving one knob a few degrees.

i don't think anybody could identify a cable by ear with the exception being a $5 cable and a Monster/Moogami/etc
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't think anybody could identify a cable by ear with the exception being a $5 cable and a Monster/Moogami/etc

That's not true... I can tell the difference easily as can many other people.

It depends on your rig and playing style; if you use a POS amp with enough gain to sink a battle ship you could connect with tin foil and not hear a blind bit of difference. If instead you're using a high end rig with little gain you can hear the difference quite clearly.

As only 1 person has tried to answer the TS question: (I know nothing about US geography btw, I'm just thinking of US cable companies)

www.lavacable.com
www.BayouCables.com

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by power freak
That's not true... I can tell the difference easily as can many other people.

It depends on your rig and playing style; if you use a POS amp with enough gain to sink a battle ship you could connect with tin foil and not hear a blind bit of difference. If instead you're using a high end rig with little gain you can hear the difference quite clearly.

As only 1 person has tried to answer the TS question: (I know nothing about US geography btw, I'm just thinking of US cable companies)

www.lavacable.com
www.BayouCables.com

so you can hear i am using monster cables through a Splawn Nitro and a Splawn Promod in stereo.

bullshit.

search. you know more about them than we do.

if you want to do something else is to buy a roll of good intrument cable and buy endings and cut and solder ends on. its cheapest that way. i think moogami may even sell 100' rolls of cable, throw some neutric (sp?) ends on it and be good.

not knowing the US geography is not my problem. look up cables and throw in an Oregon zip code and search. go to google and put a few hundred mile radius and the right keywords in and you may find it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
so you can hear i am using monster cables through a Splawn Nitro and a Splawn Promod in stereo.

bullshit.

Give me that rig with monster cables and mogami (for example) and I would likely be able to tell you which is which...

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I can also tell the difference. Part of that is because it's one of the main aspects of my job.
Shielding, construction and clarity of the signal path - which is only ever as strong as your weakest link.