Hi Forum,

Fist off let me apologize for this rather silly topic. I also feel like a have contributed nothing to this forum since I registered, I just come here to ask stupid questions and seek advice. Sorry folks, but i know this is a good, trusted forum that's why I come here.

So, I'm looking for a guitar, like a super strat, I especially like the ESP horizons and Jackson Dinkies. If anybody of you has both could you tell me which one of them has smaller dimensions? I know this is a weird question, it's just that im a small person, kinda short and skinny so guitars usually feel big in my arms.. so i'm looking for one that's kinda smaller. I'd like to note that these two that i mentioned are my favorite in terms of shape, i think they're just badass.. so yeah, I searched the web and googled and everything but i couldn't find any information on which one of them is smaller? I figure that they're similar in size but even a millimeter is important to me!

Also I would like to note that, I'm currently resident in the middle east and it's a very small market so I can't go out to shop and try out the guitars myself because they're simply non existent here.

I'll thank you in advance, much appreciated.

P.s. if anyone could throw in some comments about their sound in comparison and stuff would also be appreciated, thank you guys.

Yours,

Enbred
Dinky.

but the best small super anything is the JP6.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
dunno about the esp but a dinky is pretty small.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez S series? With the s series while they are just a lot thinner i'd say that really does make a difference it does feel smaller then my rgs.
Washburn Nuno bettencourt model maybe?
Also wolfgangs are a bit smaller too, suppose they are more there own design then a superstrat..
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jan 18, 2012,
EDIT: Yeah Ibanez S was my first guitar ever (some 4 years ago) I sold it though.. and yes, thats a very good suggestion dude, it is indeed one of the smaller ones, but i got enough of it
Last edited by inbred at Jan 18, 2012,
So I've stopped at jackson, but it's getting confusing because I'm seeing other shapes like the dinkies but these are called soloists. What's the deal? I googled some and it seems that the soloists are of higher quality but it's also mentioned that they are bigger, and I'm wondering how much bigger? If the quality is worth it, I'm willing to compromise size for sound.

EDIT: since the soloists are larger than dinkies, how would you say is the soloist in comparison with eesp horizon?
Last edited by inbred at Jan 20, 2012,
drink milk bro...grow into that strat...lol...im quite large..6ft5 220 and can cope without a "larger" guitar...just keep playin man you will get used to it
Washburns aren't as bad ass looking imo. The dinky is really ****ing awesome, can't wait to try it, I just hope it will feel as good as it looks to me. too bad I can't try it out before buying, I'm like in the middle of nowhere.. Just sand and rocks all around me, going to get it online..it would suck if it don't feel good in my hands.
Haha I'm past the growing stage dude, I'm like almost thirty. ****ing genetics Man

Edit: yeah I'm pretty sure I'd get used to it, I have an acoustic and I'm used to it as well but this is more of a cosmetic problem, I'm trying not to look funny or awkward holding a huge axe and shit you know lol
Last edited by inbred at Jan 20, 2012,
Quote by inbred
Haha I'm past the growing stage dude, I'm like almost thirty. ****ing genetics Man

Edit: yeah I'm pretty sure I'd get used to it, I have an acoustic and I'm used to it as well but this is more of a cosmetic problem, I'm trying not to look funny or awkward holding a huge axe and shit you know lol

lol unless your a midget you will be ok...ive met dave navarro at lolla in 04 you can't be that much smaller without being considered legally a samll person
Yeah if I could shred like navarro, I wouldn't really care much)))
Used Ibanez saber from the 90s. Or one of the newer s5470 prestiges.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by inbred
Yeah if I could shred like navarro, I wouldn't really care much)))

lol...fair enough...as far as saying get used to to it i can only recommend gibsons with their shorter scales
Must note that I'm a huge fan of stephen carpenter of the deftones! Love his guitars!
Quote by treysonpwaters
drink milk bro...grow into that strat...lol...im quite large..6ft5 220 and can cope without a "larger" guitar...just keep playin man you will get used to it

+1

6'1" 255lbs and i wouldn't be classified as being overweight.

however back on topic, wolfgangs seem smaller (at least mine do to me).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So I guess an Explorer is out of the question
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by inbred
So I've stopped at jackson, but it's getting confusing because I'm seeing other shapes like the dinkies but these are called soloists. What's the deal? I googled some and it seems that the soloists are of higher quality but it's also mentioned that they are bigger, and I'm wondering how much bigger? If the quality is worth it, I'm willing to compromise size for sound.

EDIT: since the soloists are larger than dinkies, how would you say is the soloist in comparison with eesp horizon?

The soloist and the dinky are exactly the same shape and the same size. It's simply that the neck-through models use the soloist name, while the bolt ons use the dinky name.

And I haven't compared the soloist/dinky to horizons/mirages, I'd imagine they're a pretty similar size. I'm fairly sure that it was the Jackson Soloist design that ESP used as a base for their models. Heck, there are some ESP Horizons from the 80's that even used the Jackson headstock and sharkfin inlays, and the only difference is the manufacturer logo...
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
The soloist and the dinky are exactly the same shape and the same size. It's simply that the neck-through models use the soloist name, while the bolt ons use the dinky name.

And I haven't compared the soloist/dinky to horizons/mirages, I'd imagine they're a pretty similar size. I'm fairly sure that it was the Jackson Soloist design that ESP used as a base for their models. Heck, there are some ESP Horizons from the 80's that even used the Jackson headstock and sharkfin inlays, and the only difference is the manufacturer logo...

Word.