So today I installed the BMP into my tele. My hope was that it would change the sound of the pickup rather drastically as I'm not that thrilled with it. However, a word of advice to those considering using it. If the pickup you plan on using with it sounds like crap to you, the preamp will make it more aggressive, punchy and otherwise enhance the crap you don't like! This is probably a very obvious statement, but you should be pleased in general with the sound of the pickup you intend to enhance with this device. That is all. ... Oh, and I'll be ordering the coil pack pickup to go with my BMP soon lol.
Hebrews 12: 29 "For our God is a consuming fire."

Warmoth humbucker-tele (specs soon to change), EHX 44 magnum power amp into 1x12 with WGS Retro 30 and a Barber Electronics Dual Unlimited.
That's because all it is, essentially, is a limiter and low and high pass filter that you put in your guitar. An EMG or Blackout is basically a very low output passive with the aforementioned preamp. Therefore it makes sense to use the preamp with a low output pickup.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

It also won't help if your amp is shit, just saying.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i have not yet heard any decent comparisons from stock to preamp added. do you have any before and after clips?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Twisterdock: Indeed, good point. My pickup is low output, it's just not giving me the sound I want anymore (for some odd reason, it didn't like my change in string gauge this time around) . Hence, the declaration of changing it.

Guitarbaddie: Another good point, however, in my case it's the FEEL of the pickup. It was wound to be a replica of an old gibson t-top pickup. I've had it for almost two years. When I first got it, that WAS the sound I was looking for! A low output humbucker that sparkled more like a single coil. However, after playing the guitar/pickup through everything from the cheapest of practice amps, my EHX 44 Magnum and Barber dual Unlimited, all the way to my brother-in-law's Boogie Mark IIC+ it just sounds thin and lifeless now. It doesn't have the character I remember it having. Sad, but easily fixed.

Linqua5150: I would love to be able to post clips, but in my humble opinion it would take some decent production skills for most folks to hear the difference. I don't have the equipment, nor do I have the skills to make that happen. Single income, a wife and two growing boys do not a gear-head's budget make. lol
Hebrews 12: 29 "For our God is a consuming fire."

Warmoth humbucker-tele (specs soon to change), EHX 44 magnum power amp into 1x12 with WGS Retro 30 and a Barber Electronics Dual Unlimited.