Im looking to buy a new amp and I'm interested in getting a tone thats atleast similar to John Frusciante's. The problem is that i only have 600 dollars right now. I would be using an american fender stratocaster btw
IDK, but I think that something like a 2nd hand Fender Hot Rod might be able to pull it off. It's able to do that Fender-style super clean, which with your guitar should be good, and it's got an overdrive channel, too, so yeah. Look into it.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
IDK, but I think that something like a 2nd hand Fender Hot Rod might be able to pull it off. It's able to do that Fender-style super clean, which with your guitar should be good, and it's got an overdrive channel, too, so yeah. Look into it.

Froosh doesn't use Fender amps.

You could try a Traynor YCV50 BLUE, OP.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I think he uses a 1965 Fender Reverb head (not the Twin Reverb, just Reverb) for his cleans and a Marshall Silver Jubilee 100W for his "crunch" channel both running through Marshall cabs.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Quote by BlindNematode
I think he uses a 1965 Fender Reverb head (not the Twin Reverb, just Reverb) for his cleans and a Marshall Silver Jubilee 100W for his "crunch" channel both running through Marshall cabs.

He uses a marshal major for his cleans, but only at large gigs
otherwise its all the silver jubilee
I've found that (in addition to a Marshall-esque tube amp) a compressor will go a long way towards getting a good Frusciante tone. I like my MXR DynaComp, but if you're willing to spend a bit more then something by Keeley would be even better and more versatile.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069
I've found that (in addition to a Marshall-esque tube amp) a compressor will go a long way towards getting a good Frusciante tone. I like my MXR DynaComp, but if you're willing to spend a bit more then something by Keeley would be even better and more versatile.

Quoted for accuracy. A compressor is a HUGE help in getting a Froosh tone, that plus a Marshall-sounding tube amp is pretty much the best base you can start from.

I can't really add anything to barden1069's post, he pretty much summed it up. +1
As an added two rubles, the Hot Rod OD channel is garbage anyway.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by Frusciantay
He uses a marshal major for his cleans, but only at large gigs
otherwise its all the silver jubilee

He used both the Major & Silver Jubilee simultaneously at all gigs, the Jubilee is just slightly crunchy at that volume, and the Major stays clean - the two combined is what creates his thick/clean/crunchy tone. His signal is split to the two amps from the Roland CE-1 Stereo Chorus.
Depending on the song, a compressor won't be the best choice. Picking dynamics and "picking swag" ( I made that up just now ) won't be as obvious.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?