i just got my guitar outta the shop. She had some work done on her and i thought id have them load her up with some locking tuners because her stock ones were shit. Now, dont get me wrong, the sperzels hold their own, but, i just dont understand it. I thought they were going to be AMAZING in that my guitar would almost never go out of tune again unless the strings started to die off. But, i play alot of metal, so i reallly beat my strings and dig into them when im playing, and the guitar still goes out of tune sometimes, even though its also equipped with a tonepros locking TOM style bridge. Why the **** is this happening?!!?!? Should ihave gotten gotohs???!?!!?

The guitar doesnt go EXTREMELY out of tune, it just, really, REALLY annoys me when i think im getting a product thats going to do its job and amaze me, and to be honest, i wasnt that thrilled.....

Any thoughts guys???
i actually had the same problem but i didnt have the balls to admit i wasted my money....but i dont think i did....you see, i had them installed on a LTD m-50.....aka pretty low Q.

what guitar did u put them on?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
its a gibson les paul studio. Like i said, theyre not horrible. Its just, idk man, i thought that they would be alot better. However, it IS the first day that i got my guitar back, soooooooooo maybe the strings just need a little more time to stretch. Personally, i think the tech was a ****ing idiot, because when i got home, i checked the intonation with the 12 fret harmonic ritual, and it couldve been a bit better on some strings. Then again, the strings and everything else on the guitar is brand new, so, maybe its just gonna take some playing around, ya know? I might just have to break everything in.
give that a go, let the strings settle and whatnot.

if nothing goes right, give it your own little setup....

things to note about what i did......well i had to drill new holes and some tuners did come out crooked :P but they do hold tune pretty well. im just planning and replacing the trem with maybe a hipshot or something cause even with my trem blocked it has a little give.

also what kind of nut do you have in there? graphtec nut really helped tuning stability too
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
i just have the stock gibson nut. But yea, i really should get a graphtech nut. The service charges at guitar shops are just ridiculous though, but i guess we'll see if i can afford it. Thanks alot bro, and good luck with your ESP. I bet its a great guitar, sooo, i hope everything works out.

Please don't fall for all this made in USA with love and attention to detail crap and photos of flashy guitars fitted with Sperzel tuners on their Facebook page! Read my experience with Sperzel first.

I have bought and sold many, many guitars and related items/accessories over the internet. Being left handed and living in Australia has made this necessary.

Hands down my worst online purchase experience was my recent one with Sperzel for a custom set of 3x3 tuners.

Firstly the order arrived incorrect. One of the colour options was incorrect. I was going to return them but after a few days they grew on me and I decided to install them. On the very first turn of one of the tuners, one of the custom chosen buttons started to break in half through the center. It was obvious by looking at them just how cheaply they were made. I persevered thinking I could simply ask for a replacement to be sent.

Next, one of the tuners did not function correctly at all and the internal mechanism/gears would slip when trying to stretch the new strings in. The other 5 tuners felt quite rough in operation. All in all they just felt cheap and nasty.

Two things were particularly disappointing. Firstly, I had used Sperzel tuners on two guitars previously, one they came fitted with, the other I installed. Both these sets worked fine and felt of a better quality.

Secondly, and most disappointingly was the complete and utter lack of service I got from Ron at Sperzel (I bought them direct from Sperzel for the custom options). 

I had to do all the work/communication and when Ron read something he didn't want to address he simply didn't reply at all.
I had to open a PayPal dispute. It had no effect until I escalated it following waiting for the correct time period to elapse. Ron THEN replied saying he had never received the funds! I contacted my bank and checked the PayPal transaction and clearly Ron had received the funds. When I communicated this to him guess what, he didn't reply! WTF. Again, dispute escalated with Paypal and eventually received a refund weeks later.

I think the worst of all was at no point whatsoever did Ron or Sperzel apologize for the inconvenience.....TRULY, TRULY terrible service. To add insult to injury i had to pay the return postage from AUS to USA, not cheap, and surprise....surpirse, no offer of a reimbursement.

I will never do business again with Sperzel and suggest any readers to do the same.

I am a forgiving sort of person and had this transaction been dealt with appropriate there would have been no problem.
BUYER BEWARE!!