Page 1 of 2
I have a fairly cheap but decent Cort guitar that always seems to be in tune. I play it quite often and bend the strings a lot when i play but this thing is always in tune. it has EB slinkys on it. It doesn't have a trem but still most of my guitars need slight adjustment when played regularly. It is just like odd, anyone else have a guitar like this?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
My RG2228 does, when the neck is settled and the strings are properly broken in. A locking bridge and nut does wonders.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I have an Ovation Elite I only have to tune when I change the strings.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My Vintage Icon Les Paul is great for staying in tune! Using Rotosound 9's and I do a lot of bends too!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
my ibby GRG170DX seems to never go out of tune, it's got EB super slinky's on it

also my fender 60's strat never goes out of tune either, that's got EB regular slinky's on it.

must be an EB thing??
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
My Schecter Black Hawk stays in tune no matter how much bending I do. My Les Paul was like that until I installed the Bigsby, and now the G won't stay in tune for more than five minutes.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by Dempsey68
my ibby GRG170DX seems to never go out of tune, it's got EB super slinky's on it

also my fender 60's strat never goes out of tune either, that's got EB regular slinky's on it.

must be an EB thing??

The gio???!?? Did you block the trem or?
My Telecaster never does... Never changed the tuners or anything.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
dean razorback db with floyd rose special

dead serious.

i beat the living hell out of that thing and it never goes out unless the strings are old.
My ibanez xiphos is always in tune no matter what i do to it
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
I rarely have to tune my Fender MIM strat. Only once after I have new strings installed.
My Mayones Setius however, stays in tune wherever I go. It doesn't have a whammy bar though. Yet, my Les Paul doesn't have one either, and it seems like that guitar needs to be warmed up before it can stay in tune...
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
I rarely have to tune my Fender MIM strat. Only once after I have new strings installed.
My Mayones Setius however, stays in tune wherever I go. It doesn't have a whammy bar though. Yet, my Les Paul doesn't have one either, and it seems like that guitar needs to be warmed up before it can stay in tune...

I agree with the warm up, plus maybe... the guitar staying in tune can also depend on the environment.
Yeah my guitar always seem to be in tune. But I sometimes a use drop D so I have to retune afterwards.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Most of my guitars have locking trems so they never go out of tune. Love it.

Friend of mine has a fixed bridge ESP LTD something or other (H or MH, I'm not sure) that seems to stay in tune pretty damn well too, for the fact that it's not got locking tuners or anything like that.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
My Jackson SL2H.

Haven't played it for over 7 months. Last week I picked it up and it was still perfectly tuned.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Custom Fender Strat with Floyd Rose!

Tuned it once in about 1885, and haven't since!

Gear:
-Custom Frankenstrat (Now in bits pending a home-made Charvel So-Cal mod)
-Boss ME-25 (Modded with gaffer tape and blu-tack)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Modes and scales are dumb and useless. Stop learning them. No, seriously.
My RG550... It's the Edge, what an amazing bridge it is.

Also, it almost never leaves the house, so...
most of my guitars stay in tune perfectly well, the only time they ever need to be re-tuned is when they've been exposed to a change in temperature.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Most of my ibanez edge equipped guitars stay in tune once i've set them up well after a day or so for the strings to stretch.

My CV telecaster while being a lower end guitar also stays in tune very well
My American strat is always in tune, I rarely have to tune it and thats with gigging quite a bit and practicing at band a few nights a week, it sees a lot of transport as well

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
My Epiphone Joe Perry model (Kluson copy tuners, just 14:1 I believe) stays perfectly in tune, even if I leave it untouched in a stand for months on end. Every other guitar I've had, cheap or expensive, has at least slipped out of tune over time, but this Epi can have the same string son it for a year straight with no problems.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
My Sheridan A200 Les Paul. Tune-o-matic bridge and never seems to be out of tune.
My 69 ri mustang from 93 never detunes unless I mess with the knobs, it slowly goes flat during 2 weeks but only a quarter step at most
My dano never ever ever goes out of tune! Gotoh Wraparound Bridge ;D
Gear:
Danelectro DC59 Modified
Heavily Modded VW Badge Strat
MIJ DS1
Fulltone OCD
EHX Small Clone

Quote by olix95
i suggest you kill your brother, sand down your guitar, and repaint it with his blood
My 2 masterbilt acoustics never go out of tune, even when i'm transporting them

the PRS SE never went out of tune. those wrap-around stop bars are great.

everything with a tune-o-matic needs adjusting on a daily basis.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I'm really questioning here what some of these folks mean by 'never goes out of tune', since unless I'm transporting them, my guitars stay in a climate controlled room and even then they will often change a few cents while simply hanging on the wall. Granted they will be VERY close to 'in tune' but they won't BE 'in tune'.

It's amazing to me then that so many of you have guitars that can stand all sorts of abuse and vagaries of environment and stay in tune...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
My Prestige
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Arby911
I'm really questioning here what some of these folks mean by 'never goes out of tune', since unless I'm transporting them, my guitars stay in a climate controlled room and even then they will often change a few cents while simply hanging on the wall. Granted they will be VERY close to 'in tune' but they won't BE 'in tune'.

It's amazing to me then that so many of you have guitars that can stand all sorts of abuse and vagaries of environment and stay in tune...

Well i'm obviously taking "never" and translating it into "not very often"

I just took one of my masterbilt acoustics out of the case, i haven't played it in about 2 weeks. the B string was a smidge out of tune. the rest was 100%.

if i tried that with my les paul it would be all over the map
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
Well i'm obviously taking "never" and translating it into "not very often"

I just took one of my masterbilt acoustics out of the case, i haven't played it in about 2 weeks. the B string was a smidge out of tune. the rest was 100%.

if i tried that with my les paul it would be all over the map

Understood, and I surely agree that generally a high quality instrument will maintain tuning better than a lesser piece.

What I was addressing was the "I can whammy all night, kick it down a flight of stairs, and put it in the back of a minivan in freezing temps and when I pull it out, it's perfect every time" posts I saw above. (Yeah, I took some editorial liberties, but the tone is correct... )

I have to call BS on that type of thing. The differences in the expansion and contraction of materials due to temperature differences alone is enough to change tuning, at least to some extent, in even the finest guitars.
Charles Darwin
Quote by mike_oxbig
My 2 masterbilt acoustics never go out of tune, even when i'm transporting them

the PRS SE never went out of tune. those wrap-around stop bars are great.

everything with a tune-o-matic needs adjusting on a daily basis.

that's a massive generalisation. although some can be problematic, it depends on the guitar and the quality of the bridge. most of my gigging guitars have good quality tune-o-matics and i don't have any problems with them at all. the only times i've had issues with a decent quality tune-o-matic is sometimes when there's a trem involved it can pull the saddles around, but that's because it wasn't really designed to go with a trem.

i do like the basic wrap-around bar though - i find fewer adjustment points enables the string vibrations to be transferred to the body a lot better anyway, anything that can move will absorb the energy.

@Arby: i can only assume they are talking about all the guitar's strings sounding in tune with one another, rather than being in tune with concert pitch.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I modified trem of my Ibanez rg270 a little bit, now after dive bomb with ernie ball 10's it just doesnt go out of tune, says my chromatic tuner.
Quote by Blompcube

@Arby: i can only assume they are talking about all the guitar's strings sounding in tune with one another, rather than being in tune with concert pitch.

That makes sense, that each string stays in tune relative to the others, thus sounding 'in tune'.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jan 19, 2012,
as someone as already said Vintage V100 (wine red with gold hardware) it has super slinkys on it and when i pick it up after a session its either in tune or almost. Great guitar for the price.
My Sheraton only goes out of tune for atmospheric reasons, like temperature or humidity changes. And when it does all the strings go out the same way at the same time, like they will all be a 1/2 step flat at the same time.
Epi Firebird. Amazing tuners on that thing, honestly better than a Gibson. It's a dark day when that thing goes out of tune.
Quote by supersac
my ibanez with an edge pro seems to never go out of tune

Word. It's not my favorite trem to be honest in terms of feel and responsiveness, but the thing never goes out of tune on me. I haven't tuned it in about a month.
My '77 Ibanez has the "star tuners" and no locking nut, stoptail...I only tune it when i change strings or tunings..never loses its hold.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
My Gibson. Provided the strings are fully broken in, it can go days without retuning.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Page 1 of 2