Looking at a GH100L head, I love how it sounds from what I've seen online. But I've never played though one.
And who sells Laney in the US? They pop up on eBay and Amazon form time to time but thats it. :/

-Tony
only thing i'd be concerned about is, laney probably isn't as good value in the US as it is in the UK or Europe, plus you get a lot of other stuff at much better prices than we get in europe.

For example, I got my gh50l for under £400 (new). A splawn quickrod here is £1600, by way of comparison, and even a marshall JVM is the guts of £1000. At those prices, the laney is pretty killer. I'm not sure exactly how much it goes for in the US, but I'm guessing it's more than that. and the splawn is going to be a fair bit cheaper ($1850 i think).

Never actually tried a splawn, and i'm guessing the splawn (or similar) is still going to be a fair bit more than the laney, but it is worth considering. Especially if you decide you need a clean channel, because the laney vh100r is going to be more again.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They seem to be going for $1100 USD here in the States. You think thats decent price for the GH100L? Used they're about half that. Bit IDK.... used? I've always been weary of used stuff especially electronics. Who knows if one of the tubes is on it's way out.

-Tony
teh used price sounds a bit better (though obviously compare that to how much the splawns go for used)

however, considering the gh50/100L is single channel (granted has a f/s extra gain stage, but it's not really twin channel either, it's more overdriven and more overdriven ) you could also consider the single channel splawn, the competition, which is basically the overdrive channel of the quick rod (and i think you can footswitch the gears [don't quote me in case you can't ] which'd give you similar functionality to the laney), which is $1500.

ah cack teh prices on the splawns have gone up slightly, it used to be more like $1300, i think. But still i'm not sure i'd pay $1100 for a laney gh if i could get a splawn for only $400 more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 19, 2012,