Hey guys. I have bought my bugera 333xl earlier this month and I have only just realised after getting my cab that the mains lead that comes with it is a European one (with two pins) and I'm in the uk. When shopping for a 3 pin mains lead do I need to take into consideration of ampages and voltages ratings or will any mains lead work?

I apologise if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

Carl
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
ideally you'd have a similarly-rated fuse

you can work out what fuse you need.

what's the power consumption of the bugera? I'm guessing it's in the region of 300 watts, so i'll use that as a rough guess.

power = VI

300 = 240I

I = 1.25A

closest fuse to that is probably 3 amps.

(don't quote me on those sums, wait till someone who knows more comes in here, just to be sure )

or you could just get an EU-UK adaptor and use the mains lead you already have. might be handier.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks Unfortunately I'm no good with calculating all this, its too technical for me haha. I'll note these down and await for someone to give a bit more input

EDIT: The power consumption is MAX 350Watts according to the manual
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
ah ok

then just divide 350 by 240 = 1.45833333333etc.

still need a 3A fuse
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thank you It kinda makes sense to me now haha.

Is the fuse the only thing I need to consider when changing mains leads?
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
think so

as i said, i'm no electronics expert so if you can wait for cathbard or someone like that to check in here, that might be better

or as i said, just get an adaptor and then you won't have to faff about with fuses at all.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I'll give it a go. If I can find an adapter somewhere that doesnt wobble and come loose, then I'll try it. If not, I'll have to change the fuse in a mains lead lying around somewhere. Luckily I know someone who can do that for me :P Thanks again
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
oh changing a fuse is so easy that even i can do it

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?