Does such a pedal exist? I have heard it has to do with the volume knob on the guitar being rated at 500 pot and most volume pedals have 250 pot? Can volume pedals be used as expression pedals when connected to a delay pedal? Any volume pedals that maintain 100% tone when used?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
No volume pedal sucks tone if connected to ur amp's effect loop man
Last edited by gibder at Jan 19, 2012,
Nope. because pots are variable resistors, resistors roll high end. Like turning the volume on your guitar down will make it less bitey.

Get one with a buffer or build a buffer into one.
Goodrich.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Morley
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by justlivin
Goodrich.

No, they're probably the best on the market but far from perfect.

Quote by Natrone

Oh hell no.. One of the worst for suckage.

EDIT: Just noticed this is a mod.. I thought it was the original EB based on the url. My comments don't apply here.

Quote by Cathbard
Morley

If you can live with the bizarre taper..

A volume pedal is an important part of my sound, but unfortunately I've yet to find one that works without changing the tone AND has a good taper. I typically use a passive that I like the taper of and then use a TB looper for when I'm not using it.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Last edited by power freak at Jan 19, 2012,
Quote by power freak
No, they're probably the best on the market but far from perfect.

Oh hell no.. One of the worst for suckage.

EDIT: Just noticed this is a mod.. I thought it was the original EB based on the url. My comments don't apply here.

If you can live with the bizarre taper..

A volume pedal is an important part of my sound, but unfortunately I've yet to find one that works without changing the tone AND has a good taper. I typically use a passive that I like the taper of and then use a TB looper for when I'm not using it.

Would the active Ernie Ball VP eradicate tone loss? How so? Would it need to be buffered if the cable length was not significant?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Last edited by Megadeth09 at Jan 19, 2012,
+1 for Goodrich. Right, not perfect but WAY better than others!
Quote by bpdeem
+1 for Goodrich. Right, not perfect but WAY better than others!

In what way are they better than the others? And how are they not perfect?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Personally, I use an expression pedal on my GP-8 for volume. No tone suck there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by power freak
Bunch of cool info

Wow. You are probably the UG'r with the most years of helping I've ever seen. 2002?

Hang out some yeah?

But, I had some pretty good success an Ernie Ball pedal but make sure you get the right one depending on whether or not you want it in front or in the loop. I can't see using one as an expression pedal along in conjunction with a delay pedal. There may be better options out there. How does that work, or what are you going for? Wait. I think I can picture it now. I see.
Quote by Megadeth09
Would the active Ernie Ball VP eradicate tone loss? How so? Would it need to be buffered if the cable length was not significant?

The "active" model is just a low impedance passive model.. It just has a low ohmage pot but is otherwise identical. It will work better with active pickups or in the effects loop (in which case you won't notice too much suckage.) If you use it in front of the amp with a passive guitar you'll have unbelievable tone suck.

Unless they have a new "active" model that is actually active that I haven't checked.

Quote by Megadeth09
In what way are they better than the others? And how are they not perfect?

The build quality is great, they have well designed buffers that don't play havoc with fuzz faces, wahs or other picky pedals and they have a great range of motion.

The problems with them are: they are very expensive, they do change your tone a little bit, the buffer although helping high end can introduce a little noise and hiss.

But compared to others they are worlds ahead..

Hilton makes very similar volume pedals and it appears to be a choice as to which you prefer. I've found Goodrich to be slightly better overall, but not by much.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Wow. You are probably the UG'r with the most years of helping I've ever seen. 2002?

Hang out some yeah?

Haha, yeah I'm pretty old school.. I'm only around here sporadically these days when I get some free time (which isn't too often!)

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by power freak
The "active" model is just a low impedance passive model.. It just has a low ohmage pot but is otherwise identical. It will work better with active pickups or in the effects loop (in which case you won't notice too much suckage.) If you use it in front of the amp with a passive guitar you'll have unbelievable tone suck.

Unless they have a new "active" model that is actually active that I haven't checked.

The build quality is great, they have well designed buffers that don't play havoc with fuzz faces, wahs or other picky pedals and they have a great range of motion.

The problems with them are: they are very expensive, they do change your tone a little bit, the buffer although helping high end can introduce a little noise and hiss.

But compared to others they are worlds ahead..

Hilton makes very similar volume pedals and it appears to be a choice as to which you prefer. I've found Goodrich to be slightly better overall, but not by much.

Haha, yeah I'm pretty old school.. I'm only around here sporadically these days when I get some free time (which isn't too often!)

Thanks for the abundance of information

Hmmm I didn't think maintaining tone would be so difficult when choosing a volume pedal...
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
I'll be using the volume pedal in conjunction with my Midi-14 which is basically a true bypass looper. I'm stuck between the Morley, Goodrich and the modified Ernie Ball. I'm not worried about toneloss when the pedal is off as the Midi-14 will handle that, I just want a pedal that won't change my tone while it's on and fully down(volume at maximum). I can understand toneloss when the volume is decreasing(less bite, just like using the volume knob). Any thoughts?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II