http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf9veFNKKOU&feature=related
i was watching the live version of this song and the guy covers his fretboard with his hand so i can't tell what he is playing... i think there is some octaves mixed in too.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Power and barre chords are very similar, do you open or barre chords instead?

Barre is your answer. I think.
I'd say barre, they sound more complex than just regular power chords. But it might sound like that cause of leads so i'm not really sure.
Last edited by kisiel35 at Jan 19, 2012,
Quote by kisiel35
I'd say barre, they sound more complex than just regular power chords. But it might sound like that cause of leads so i'm not really sure.

This.
Pretty sure it sounds like an Em (a minor form at the seventh fret) to start it, descending to D major and so on...
Yeah, worked out the lead riff, and at the end of the first bar of the rhythm guitar being present, the note it hits last is only the fifth, and it still sounds very much minor there.
for the notes in this song like in the beginning, is the guy just arpeggiating a chord or something?
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Yes, he's using the open G and B strings with a fretted note (G) on the D string. That's how I've transcribed it by my ears.

He slides up from a 1 fret below. Quickly implies a Gadd9 chord, then just a straight G.
Last edited by mdc at Jan 19, 2012,
Quote by mdc
Yes, he's using the open G and B strings with a fretted note (G) on the D string. That's how I've transcribed it by my ears.

He slides up from a 1 fret below. Quickly implies a Gadd9 chord, then just a straight G.

You are the dude, of all dudes.
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by mdc

can you tell where on the fretboard?
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe