Page 1 of 4

So who's going this year? For the past 3 years we've tried to organise a UG meet and we failed every time. The closest we ever came to one was when me and jgbsmith got caught having a spliff because we were playing with "flamethrowers".

I'm loving the line-up so far. There's a few more I hope to get announced though.

CAN'T WAIT.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at May 8, 2012,
Chase and status, so metal it hurts.

Not getting my money this year, last year was a ****ing shambles of an event.
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
With the exception of Sabbath, and maybe the Devin Townsend Project, that sounds absolutely awful.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
With the exception of Sabbath, and maybe the Devin Townsend Project, that sounds absolutely awful.

This, I like metallica but ive seen them already but everyone else is awful, especially chase and status, prodigy and you me at six, I mean seriously leave that bollocks to T4 on the beach or something. Surely you me at six are just gonna get piss bottled off the stage? Anthrax and Ugly Kid Joe would be good though
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
This, I like metallica but ive seen them already but everyone else is awful, especially chase and status, prodigy and you me at six, I mean seriously leave that bollocks to T4 on the beach or something. Surely you me at six are just gonna get piss bottled off the stage? Anthrax and Ugly Kid Joe would be good though

They didn't the year I was there. Then again they were on the same time as Pendulum and Lawnmower Deth. So anybody with any self respect either chilled out at the main stage or checked out the awesomely named third stage band.
It's a good lineup, Chase and Status then Prodigy should be killer (come at me bro, I like C&S), Sabbath's gonna be amazing. I don't know if I can afford to go though, and I kinda feel like doing something different this year (been to Download the last 3 years)..

edit: that flamethrower thing was ****ing stupid
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
The fact that they've put Tenacious D above the DTP when Devin is both funnier and a better musician than Jack Black still makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Yesh I saw this a few days back. I wish I could go D':
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
It's looking like being the best line-up since 2005. Don't think I'll be going though.
I haven't been to the past 3 downloads and not going this year either... used to go every year but the event just became a big pile of bollocks so I stopped going.

Bloodstock for me. Much better event.
[
Metallica, Soundgarden, Machine Head, AND Black Sabbath?

HHNNNNNNNGGGGG
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by theogonia777

Dunno what you're on about. Best festival early line up I've almost ever seen. I'd strike no band from that list.

**** if I can get some money together I'm getting my ass up there. Went in 2008 and that was the last decent Download lineup until now.
I'd pay for a full weekend just to see Machine Head, Devin Townsend and Lamb of God in the space of a few days.

Also guys, iirc the ticket price is going up after 30th Jan.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jan 19, 2012,
Chase & Status -> The Prodigy is gonna be incredible. I don't get what everybody is getting so butthurt about.

n0t br00t4lz enuff.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Bands i'm hoping will be announced;

Slash
In Flames
Times Of Grace
Shinedown
Halestorm
Motorhead - Missed them in 2010!

Wouldn't mind Skrillex all that much either. He's far form the best dubstep artist but it'd be nice to watch.

Machine Head -> Chase & Status -> Prodigy is gonna be incredible.
Gonna need some uppers for that!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I bought my ticket before the recent announcement and I'm really happy i want to see every band on the lineup so far other than You Me At Six.
I find it odd Metallica would be at a festival called the download festival.

Soundgarden and Sabbath would be nice to see. But to have to sit through the rest of that shit? No thanks.
Looks pretty good, although last time i went, i only saw 4 bands, as i was only interested in seeing 4 bands, and it kind of felt as though i missed out on a few things, so if there are more groups announced that i like, then i would think about going.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by theogonia777

This. Normally I'm jealous of English music festivals but this year I'd much rather be at Coachella (which I almost got to go to)
Quote by BlackVoid
I find it odd Metallica would be at a festival called the download festival.

Soundgarden and Sabbath would be nice to see. But to have to sit through the rest of that shit? No thanks.

Lars actually missed the set the first time they headlined it, Joey Jordison and Dave Lombardo filled in.
Tempted to go, but my bank account would not be best pleased. Awesome lineup.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Not particular bothered with all the hate on chase and status or the line up in general, I've still bought my ticket, the excitment levels haven't gone below 10 this past week I'm absolutely excited about it I can't wait for my first download festival and my first festival as well!
I'm definitely going, I've been to a fair few festivals in my time but always like download the best. From this years line up I am really excited for:
-The Prodigy <3 <3 <3
-Chase and Status
-Tenacious D
-Biffy Clyro, owned sonisphere last year
-Machine Head, haven't seen them for about 2 years, owe them another vist
Others I would watch:
-Devildriver
-Lamb of God
-Trivium
-Black Sabbath
-DTP, clashing with Prodigy though so won't be watching
Ones I will avoid at all costs:
-Metallica, seen them twice, bored the hell out of me both times
-Anthrax
-You Me At Six

Can't wait this year, so excited
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Might think of going this year. Never been to a festival for more than a day. Any advice?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
When do day tickets go on sale, if they do of course this year? I only want to got to see Sabbath and Soundgarden.
Quote by theogonia777

You dare call Soundgarden absolutely awful?

Oh, boy. If I knew where you live...
fuck
Chase and status before prodigy?

djhiuhgqwiudhwdhdqhui cum.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by stef123
Might think of going this year. Never been to a festival for more than a day. Any advice?

Take Imodium. Lots of Imodium.
Looks like my dad and I are going to this one this year. Sonisphere can't seem to get their shit together this year and that 'announcement' looked awful.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
You me at six lol. Would be surprised if bullet for my valentine and in flames don't make an appearance. ah hell, why should I care, I can't afford to fly there from the states.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
When do day tickets go on sale(if they do this year)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was going anyway, but Ugly Kid Joe sealed it for me. Two years in a row with reformed awesome '90s bands that people forgot about- Skunk Anansie was last year's (who were ****ING MINT.)

+1

If I can sort my shit out, I'm definitely going.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I got a ticket on the day of release because of the Metallica/Black Sabbath announcement. I'd be happy paying £158.25 just for those two.

Never been before. Not going on Friday so i'm missing Machine Head which is a shame seeing as i missed them in December when they were here too. Don't know what Chase & Status sound like, and don't care for the Prodigy.
Metallica, Sabbath, Soundgarden, The Devin Townsend Project... I think I'd faint if I could go there
Page 1 of 4