What do you think of yourself and other guitarist?
Do you wash your hands after eating pizza or a burger to play guitar?
What do you think about friends or people who want to touch your guitar after eating
something greasy.
Does it really matter to you?
Quote by takachan
What do you think about friends or people who want to touch your guitar after eating
something greasy.

I wash my hands after touching anything possibly dirty. If I don't, the world stop'a spinnin'.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by takachan
something greasy.

What.
No.
Don't really care.
No.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

If I eat something before I play, I usually wipe my hands, if its something really sticky or greasy I just wash my hands.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Trowzaa
What.
No.
Don't really care.
No.

Put your trowzaa's back on.

I swear I say this a lot
This will start a RIOT! in me
I would NEVER let my guitar get greasy. That's just gross. I'd for sure get them to wash their hands first or even just wipe them really really good.
If my hands feel dirty, I'll wash them. Usually I don't play guitar while/directly after eating greasy foods anyways. My friends can play them whenever I'm around and I'm assuming they have relatively clean hands and what's the point of cleaning your guitar/fretboard if you play under quarantine every time?
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
I wash my hands after eating something greasy.
I usually never let other people touch my guitar.

Problem solved.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Oh my God this just reminds me of my friends guitar.. the fingerboard was like frying pan, not so hot but greasy all over. The guitar itself was covered in dust. I nearly vomited and refused to play it.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by Paramore.
Put your trowzaa's back on.

I swear I say this a lot

Your avatar is Hayley Williams..

...So no.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I wash my hands after playing guitar. My strings are nearly four years old.

They sound great.

Nothing like getting thick strings and tuning your acoustic to B standard.
Quote by whoomit
I'm a drummer.

So do we need to repeat the questions slowly then?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
A friend of mine used to have a friend that would always wipe around the corners of his mouth and play my friends guitar. There would be all of this dried white crud up and down the neck. He had to scrape it off with his pick.
If it's something greasy, then of course I'll wash my hands. But if it's a sandwich or something dry, then no, probably not.
I wash my hands after eating but i'm not that concerned if I will change my strings soon as I change them fairly regularly..

I don't let just anyone use my guitar though, only trusted friends.
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Jan 19, 2012,
If i get my hands dirty, i wash them before playing guitar, and i don't usually leave my guitar laying around for other people to play.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by intwernet
Oh my God this just reminds me of my friends guitar.. the fingerboard was like frying pan, not so hot but greasy all over. The guitar itself was covered in dust. I nearly vomited and refused to play it.

When it comes to my guitar:

I usually don't wash my hands if the food isn't particularly messy, like chips or something. If I ate wings or something really sticky, I always wash my hands after I eat stuff like that anyways.

When it comes to friend's guitars:

I try to wash my hands after I eat pretty much any fingerfood, I know I would rage if I saw someone eating ketchup chips and then eating my guitar.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
I wash my hands after touching anything before I even get near my guitars. I'm so anal about that. Even if my hands aren't dirty at all I wash them before playing because it just feels like it needs to be done.

Quote by MetallicSka

I usually don't wash my hands if the food isn't particularly messy, like chips or something. If I ate wings or something really sticky, I always wash my hands after I eat stuff like that anyways.

I try to wash my hands after I eat pretty much any fingerfood, I know I would rage if I saw someone eating ketchup chips and then eating my guitar.

Chips are greasy though man
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Jan 19, 2012,
lolwut?
I'll wipe them off, but that's it.
something greasy.
lol at implying that I have friends.
Yes.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by MetallicSka

Yeah, I don't know how I would feel about a friend eating my wood either.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Paramore.
I wash my hands after touching anything possibly dirty. If I don't, the world stop'a spinnin'.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Igor Stravinsky

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
I played at a party and the guys giant old dog kept licking my fretboard, so I had to use another guitar.

I like to keep my stringies clean, brah.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412