I might be picking up one of these in a c-list trade:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEZMRB

It's a Zach Myer's signature PRS SE (lead guitarist from Shinedown). Normally I don't care for sig models. But I like the look of this one. Nice royal blue finish, mahogany body with a maple top and flame veneer, ebony board, beveled top. I even like the look of the 3 humbuckers slammed in there, although the practicality of 3 HB's is debatable. Bridge pickup is upgraded to a DiMarzio Tone Zone, the other two are stock.

It only has a 3-way switch though. If I get it I was thinking about wiring in a 5-way switch to get some in-between Strat-like tones. Has anybody tried that on a 3-humbucker guitar like this before? Good results or not worth the effort?

I'm also tossing around the idea of swapping out the middle humbucker for a P-90 (and maybe even the neck pup too). Anybody try that on something like this before?

Or I suppose I could just wire in coil taps for all three pickups and then have maximum flexibility. Or, has anyone tried a Jimmy Page wiring setup on a 3-humbucker guitar?

Sorry for the rambling... I just can't figure out what I want to do with it. If you were in my shoes, how would you modify the pickups/wiring of a guitar like this?
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Wrong forum... sorry! Please delete thread...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Last edited by 57Goldtop at Jan 19, 2012,