I might be picking up one of these in a c-list trade:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEZMRB

It's a Zach Myer's signature PRS SE (lead guitarist from Shinedown). Normally I don't care for sig models. But I like the look of this one. Nice royal blue finish, mahogany body with a maple top and flame veneer, ebony board, beveled top. I even like the look of the 3 humbuckers slammed in there, although the practicality of 3 HB's is debatable. Bridge pickup is upgraded to a DiMarzio Tone Zone, the other two are stock.

It only has a 3-way switch though. If I get it I was thinking about wiring in a 5-way switch to get some in-between Strat-like tones. Has anybody tried that on a 3-humbucker guitar like this before? Good results or not worth the effort?

I'm also tossing around the idea of swapping out the middle humbucker for a P-90 (and maybe even the neck pup too). Anybody try that on something like this before?

Or I suppose I could just wire in coil taps for all three pickups and then have maximum flexibility. Or, has anyone tried a Jimmy Page wiring setup on a 3-humbucker guitar?

Sorry for the rambling... I just can't figure out what I want to do with it. If you were in my shoes, how would you modify the pickups/wiring of a guitar like this?
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
for maximum versatility, keep the 3-way witch, wire up 3 push pulls for coilsplitting, and the other pot as a killpot (push pull) for the middle pickup.

that will allow so many combinations.
non coil split no kill pot = 3
kill pot = 3
middle pickup split = 3
neck pickup split plus killpot options included = 3
bridge pickup split lus killpot options included = 3
bridge neck split plus killpot options = 2
all 3 split = 1

that = 18 possible voicings just using coil splitting and killpot options. you could also turn down volume, or tone, which would virtually allow for any tone possible.
The reason the 2 and 4 positions on a 5 way switch sound distinctive is because you're basically creating a humbucker. You'd get the same effect by just switching between series and parallel humbucking.

If you really wanted to, it wouldn't be all that difficult to be able to split each coil (or tap them for that matter). Just get a bunch of SPDT switches and drill a couple of extra holes over the control panel. You can find wiring diagrams all over the internet.

IMO, a middle humbucker is a waste anyway; I would drop in a Strat style middle pickup or a P90.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
IMO, a middle humbucker is a waste anyway; I would drop in a Strat style middle pickup or a P90.

That was my original thought. But I'm trying to figure out if there's a useful purpose to a middle pickup in humbucker form. If I drop in a P-90 then I'm limiting my options to that specific tone. But a humbucker can be played as-is, or split, in-phase/out-of-phase, etc for more options.

Open to more ideas so keep 'em coming...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2