Ive been playing rocksmith more lately (instead of just using it as an amp) and In particular ive been playing In bloom by Nirvana. I prolly played it about 20 times until I got the 90k to qualify for the event. anyway... so I played it a shit ton and the whole time I was playing through this pain in my wrist. It wasnt because I was playing it so much, it started hurting after I attempted the song for the second time. I think its the power chord position... but no matter what I do, I cant make it not hurt. as a result of, I gave up for the day so I dont get RSI....
Anyway, didnt mean to ramble. So... I hold the guitar in my lap horizontally (which isnt the best position to get the lower numbered frets) Tilting the guitar up and out, standing up an playing trying both those positions. Nothing helps. I know the number one rule to playing is that if it hurts, you prolly shouldnt be doing it.
Maybe im not doing the chords in the right way? I have no idea... I use fingers 1&4 and 1&3, but either way it still hurts like a bitch.
Im fairly sure theres something im doing wrong... btw the tabs are
e-------------------------------------------------------------
a-------------------------------------------------------------
d-------------------------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------------------------
B--6-8-3-5------------- Kinda just follows this pattern
E--6-8-3-5------------- all the way through--------------
to lazy to tab it all.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Is your wrist straight or bent? If it's bent, you're putting pressure on your carpal tunnel.
Im keeping it as straight as possible. But yea it is still a wee bent. I can't get it straight and still play the chords

Quote by Iblis92
so I played it a shit ton and the whole time I was playing through this pain in my wrist.

I don't know the exact cause of the problem, but never ever ever ever ever ever ever do this. Pain isn't supposed to happen, and playing through it only sets you up for bigger problems.

How long has it been since then? I'd recommend just taking 2-3 days off from playing in an effort to rest it.
Quote by MatthiasYoung
Is your wrist straight or bent? If it's bent, you're putting pressure on your carpal tunnel.

What he said, try changing positions/posture.

Also if you already do a a lot of repetitive motions using your tendons you could have stress on your carpal tunnel already. For example it's common for people who spend a lot of time typing on the computer to have pain in their wrists.

Another thing that can cause pain for guitarists/musicians is if one has had a wrist injury, especially sprains, in the past.
Well thanks for the tips.
Its weird though, seems almost impossible to play in bloom with the "correct" hand position.