I'm upgrading my distortion pedals and have been looking into the Turbo Tubescreamer and Jet Driver. Is the Jet Driver just a Turbo TS with true bypass (and a different paint job), or is there a major difference?
what are you upgrading from? what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
upgrading from a DS-1. Amp is a Kustom Defender 5w. styles: singer-songwriter to surf to alt/punk
do you know what the actual range of od/ distortion is on them? (i.e. slightly thicker to ridiculous high gain distortion)
if you already have a dist i'd get an od

though to be honest with a fairly cheap amp like that i'm not sure how sensible it is to pay $100+ on a pedal, you'd be better putting your money into a better amp. I mean joyo makes pretty nice pedals which sound pretty good (vintage od is a tubescreamer clone; ultimate drive is a fulltone ocd clone; crunch distortion is a crunchbox clone) and a couple of those wouldn't break the bank, and would still sound very, very good (might not sound any worse than teh ibanez pedals). Might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
all depends on what you want to do with it. i swear by mxr pedals. in the way of a distortion box, i love my full bore metal. unlike the reviews you see, it actually is a very versatile, great sounding pedal.

if your looking for an OD, the wylde overdrive is great if you want to really push your tubes. i believe it was actually designed to be more of a clean boost than anything (pretty sure zakk uses it with all the knobs cranked). or, i've heard wonders about the OCD and plan to pick one up as soon as i have the cash