Does the guitar backplate that covers the springs even do anything? If I removed it would anything happen?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
It just covers the strings, many guitarists don't even have one on their guitars.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

OT: Got my strat used, didn't have one on. I didn't really care, but I got a black one to match the black body. Even though I'm the only one who sees it, I think it looks cleaner.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
^

someone really needs to start an eric johnson meme, like with a disapproving face or something. that's the best pic i could find
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some say it improves resonance. I don't notice a difference but I still take them off all my guitars just out of preference.
GEAR:
1987 Ibanez RG550 w/ DiMarzio PAF Pro and Bare Knuckle Aftermath
Fender Jaguar Classic Player Special HH
Ibanez RGT42 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez AEG10E Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe w/ Celestion Vintage 30
@Dave_MC

Perfect thread for that picture. Someone needs to come up with a clever caption on it!
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
i'll get on it

by that i mean get on thinking of a clever caption, i haven't even got that far yet
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm awful at coming up with catchy phrases
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

someone really needs to start an eric johnson meme, like with a disapproving face or something. that's the best pic i could find
There wasnt any looking 'disapproving' but this one looks more trolly...

Original you're own quptes...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/neilbeith/184f7d37.jpg

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
ahahahahaha awesome definitely looks more trolly

and it's bigger too so i can write more

here's what i came up with so far (terrible)

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I make some soup and ideas are already here

"Toanz? Yup." is good. So are the "improved tone." ones. I approve
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

There was a thread on TGP about this.. Lot's of phrases followed by: "His ears are that good"

His tone chasing calmed down on Bloom onwards though.. He knows how to have a laugh about it too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZruE7E_4OU&feature=relmfu

(6:12 onwards... I'm not youtube savvy enough to jump straight to the right place in the video)

EDIT: From the TGP thread:

Eric Johnson can tell how hard your water is just from the sound of it dripping in the sink. His ears are that good.

Eric Johnson can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi by the sound of the fizz. He said "The Pepsi just wasn't sitting in the mix right." His ears are that good.

Eric Johnson once walked past my wife in an Austin mall and said, "Congratulations!" My wife asked why and he said, "Don't you know? You're pregnant! It's a boy! 14 weeks - no 14 and a half weeks." His ears are that good.

Eric Johnson once told silence to keep it down. His ears are that good

Eric Johnson's ninja friends can never throw him a successful surprise birthday party. His ears are that good.

Eric Johnson has to avoid wineries because he can actually "hear it through the grapevine." His ears are that good.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, Eric Johnson could still hear it. Heck, he could even tell you if the tree would make good tonewood or not.

In space, only Eric Johnson can hear you scream.

Eric Johnson could hear what Willis was talking about. His ears are that good.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Last edited by power freak at Jan 19, 2012,
oh wow i'll have to take a look on tgp for that. thanks for teh heads-up

but i mean i love eric johnson. i'm only making fun because it's so funny. his playing and tone are awesome

EDIT: ahahahahahaha at teh video. that's some killer playing before that, though

Quote by Rogue Hermit
I make some soup and ideas are already here

"Toanz? Yup." is good. So are the "improved tone." ones. I approve

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 19, 2012,
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh wow i'll have to take a look on tgp for that. thanks for teh heads-up

but i mean i love eric johnson. i'm only making fun because it's so funny. his playing and tone are awesome

EDIT: ahahahahahaha at teh video. that's some killer playing before that, though

Yes, one of my favourites...

See the edit above.. The space one had me going for a good while.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
ahahahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just had to watch that video twice for both the guitar playing and his funnies at the end...

OP, sorry for this slight derail...I mean it's sort of related...
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5