anyone have this amp? played it? id really like to get some insight on this amp considering i want this or a 6505+ to match up with my mesa 2x12 cab.

not much on it online, i want to play nothing but all kinds of metal. opinions?
Quote by Seanthesheep
Its not really out yet

But supposedly tone wise its identical to its big brother. And yes the big one can hit modern metal no problem

its shipping out to people now, people are just being stingy and not posting reviews
Quote by Seanthesheep
Its not really out yet

Yes it is. There was one for sale already on RT like 2 weeks ago.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I heard they were taking preorders but the shipping dates arent till february

atyleast thats whats going on at my local stores.

anyways forgot to mention it wont sound the EXACT same as its big brother because of the whole 50 vs 100w thing. but other than that, it isnt supposed to be something terribly different
I don't really consider it different either. Just a smaller form factor right?

I'd like to see if the transformers are smaller.

Now....a combo? That would be worth mentioning for sure. Fender def has the capability to make more of these if there is enough demand. Especially now with a new album/tour. I wouldn't want Eddie to 'sell out' with it and I don't think it needs too. The metal amp market sucks for new amps in the $600-$1,000 range. It is a perfect amp for Fender to capitalize on some sales in a genre if you will that they normally do not play in.

I think it is a big fat plus one.

Plus I just played the 5153 Tuesday night for some time in the loud room and was

+1
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Now....a combo? That would be worth mentioning for sure. Fender def has the capability to make more of these if there is enough demand. Especially now with a new album/tour. I wouldn't want Eddie to 'sell out' with it and I don't think it needs too. The metal amp market sucks for new amps in the $600-$1,000 range. It is a perfect amp for Fender to capitalize on some sales in a genre if you will that they normally do not play in.

Plus I just played the 5153 Tuesday night for some time in the loud room and was

+1

yea? how does the lead channel stack up against the normal 6505+? cuz Im probably gonna be looking at a new amp soon, but most options involve me selling my 6534+ except if I buy the 5153 mini, that way I have EL34s and 6L6s.
they are different amps

i don't think i'm threadjacking as it seems relative but the 6505+ is just a beast that not to many amps can touch. It does modern metal very well. It has insane amounts of gain. It sounds better turned up. They are made like tanks. They can be bit 'buzzy' and lack a pure clean tone. But you simply cannot deny the brutality.

The 5150 III has a great clean channel. Super nice. Channel 2 Crunch is a very very nice crunch tone that is very natural. Nails 70's - 80's rock. Channel 3 Lead has a ton of gain - more than people would need. Not as brootal as the 6505 but still very brutal and modern. It is articulate and handles drop tunings well. It will refuse to mud out on you. Pretty awesome. It comes with a lifetime warranty that I believe is transferable. They are made in Mexico and had some issues early on but I think everything is fine now. They seem very heavy duty and road worthy to me.

Both are great amps but on there own terms. It depends on what you are after.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 20, 2012,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

+1

You should buy it and give the splawn to me
I came very very close to getting a 5153 when a Splawn popped up on my craigslist. Ask Imgooley.

But yeah Riffhog had one (5153) and he raved on it. Now I can see why. They are definitely very similar with the 5153 having better cleans and the Splawn having better build quality and 'teh gears'
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 20, 2012,
A few lucky people have got a hold of one. I ordered mine back in November and I'm still waiting. Hopefully, it will ship sometime next month. Can't wait to see Ed in Chicago on Feb. 24th!
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III