so guys....i saw a bass at a pawnshop today. i cant go back now, but im considering getting it. it looked kinda like a pbass. maple neck, pickguard, and a split pickup.

anyone have any idea what it could be?...i forgot to take a picture and i havent been able to find it; it must be pretty old, theyre asking like 90dollars
p bass or similar is a pretty common bass shape. it could be any of the vast numbers of similar looking basses really.
EDIT: ibanez did do a copy of the p bass in the 70's, i didnt read ibanez first time reading the thread
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Jan 19, 2012,
Did it look like this?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
Did it look like this?

yes!!! thats very close, the one i saw was black on black. also the ibanez logo on the neck looked like the modern logo if i recall.

you know what it is?

also, thanks for the catalog info sam
Was it this?

If so that's an Ibanez Roadstar II.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Was it this?

If so that's an Ibanez Roadstar II.

as far as i can remember, yes. but it was black on black. if i go back and get it, i'll show you guys. i was just wondering if its worth getting...for ~90$ i feel like its a safe bet?...it would be my first bass btw
For $90 I don't think you can go wrong. Assuming everything works.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I was thinking it's a Roadstar.

The "Lawsuit" Ibanezes from 1977 and before are preeeeeeetty rare and sought after. So if it IS one of those for $90... SNATCH THAT ****!

In any case... ibanez basses w/split P and pickguard:

-Roadstar/Roadster/Roadstarr/Roadstar II (4-in-a-row headstock)
-Roadstar/Roadster/Roadstarr/Roadstar II (2 on each side headstock) <-much more rare
-Blazer Bass
-RB Series

I THINK those were the only types of Ibanez Basses that had split P pups AND a pickguard. They're all from about 1978-1988... anything after that was pickguard-less, untill the ATK. But, that doesn't have the split P (obviously).

For a good read, you can look further at these catalogs: http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/index.htm

/dat80sswag
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
The Roadstar Ibanez Bass would make a fine beginner instrument and $90 is a good deal. I say try it out if you can to make sure the electronics are fine and then go for it.
Last edited by guitarbroha at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by davem27
as far as i can remember, yes. but it was black on black. if i go back and get it, i'll show you guys. i was just wondering if its worth getting...for ~90$ i feel like its a safe bet?...it would be my first bass btw

I'd kill to get a roadstar for $90
Quote by CJ Noble
I'd kill to get a roadstar for $90

I had a friend buy a roadstar for about $200 JUST so he could have the neck... which he used on a G&L L2000.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."