Any idea how i can get this better playing chromatically 1234- 1234-4321-4321
you get the idea working on speed. realise my hands are out of sync, im fine on 1234.
ints on the way down 4321 get upto 16ths at 100 bpm and its all over the place.
is it just a matter of sitting there playing real slow and then increase the metronome
any help guys thanks
But this goes up to 11
Thats the way to learn anything. Start slowly enough its perfect, NO mistakes whatsoever. Then gradually increase speed. Or decrease if you **** up alot. Dont play through mistakes either, restart.
Quote by deltadaz
you get the idea working on speed. realise my hands are out of sync, im fine on 1234.
is it just a matter of sitting there playing real slow and then increase the metronome
any help guys thanks

I found this to work really really well.

http://www.tomhess.net/Articles/HowToPracticeForMaximumSpeedPart1.aspx
Stop chasing speed, especially with that "exercise". At least mix up the notes so instead of 1-2-3-4- do something like 1-3-2-4- or 1-4-2-3-.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by deltadaz
any help guys thanks

You're not seeing the big picture here.

You're not "trying to get better at that exercise"...you're trying to get better at playing the guitar, that exercise is one way to practice technique. And like everything else, the key is to practice at a tempo where you can consistently play cleanly, accurately, in sync and in time. The only reason you're messing up is because you're trying to play too fast, too soon when you're not yet good enough.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com