Now, this may turn into quite a long rant and I apologize. I'm just trying to come up with the most mature solution to this problem. Anyways here it goes...

I'm in a small, local rock band from Kansas City, MO. Our singer has been making contacts left and right getting shows set up, blah blah blah. Long story short we end up recording a song for a local online radio station's compilation cd. He has a deal set up with this studio (which really is just a recording setup in the guys basement, not hating, but by no means a major studio.) So we record this track, all went well, compliments all around. Everyone seemed pleased with the outcome no problems. We decide to go back and finish up an EP with this guy because of what a good vibe it was...now we have problems.

In between the time of our first recording sessions we added a new member, mostly for keys, backing guitars, vocals, etc. Someone bringing something more to the sound. Just so happens the guy has some recording background. Went to school for a few years and what not. As soon as this was brought up to the guy recording, his attitude changed dramatically.

The guy went from totally awesome to just nay-saying everything we wanted. Our singer got a total of 3 maybe 5 takes to nail his vocal-lines. A few of us were making suggestions on how to make things better. (I thought thats what you did when you paid for studio time, right?) But no, he was done working on it. This guy was working on our 3 songs we recorded with him so we left, with at least 2 hours of recording time left. Whatever we're done.

Sorry for the rant and I'm sure many grammatical errors. But now the problem. He wants to charge us for the stem files we already paid for! The first song we did he gave them to me no problem, but since we got someone else who has an idea what he is doing, he'll have none of it. He's actually charging us a total of $50 + to copy files to a usb drive.
Could you explain the problem again in a bit more detail?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Sorry,that was a bit much. I'm just curious if anyone on these forums have dealt with the same problems. He clearly isn't worried about the tracks coming out good, so why would he be so upset with us doing it ourselves?
Maybe you should ask him about it? If you're polite and respectful about it then I'm sure you could work something. Was there any way you were acting that perhaps could of put him in a bad mood?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
We tried, but there was no talking to him. Rolling his eyes at our ideas, stuff like that. Just a good way to never get our business again. Here's to hoping he doesn't cut the bit rate on our waves. Thanks for the response though. I can't see any reason for him acting the way he did.
I mean after the fact, maybe he'd has a bad day, you can't know. Email him and be like, dude you seemed off, what's up?

Quote by DisarmGoliath