Okay so the other day at practice my friends guitar went out of tune in the middle of a song we were playing.I think it was the B string with just dropped out of tune like crazy like 5 steps down or something around there.I asked him did you hit the headstock or something and he said no. we aren't really sure what's making this happen but maybe but any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.
Im kind of in a rush right now and about to go grab some food.
So i'll reply once i get back.
thanks.
oh and its a epiphone traditional pro les paul guitar.
its pretty similar to the standard i think.
string gauge is just regular 9s and he's playing in drop c mainly but im gonna put some thicker strings on it asap.
NEW SIGNATURE!
Sounds like the string was caught somewhere like the nut or tuner. This happens when it's not strung properly. Look up a guide on how to best string the guitar and put some graphite (from a pencil) in the nut slots.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
There could be a few reasons, there could be something wrong in the bridge, FLoyd rose systems saddles sometimes get little divets in them that poke at the string and eventually snap the string. Tell him to check the bridge. If the strings weren't put on correctly that can effect it too. OR it could be a neck problem. I know, truss rods suck aha. I've only played for a few years but i've hit about every problem there is haha. Take a look at those and let me know.
Obviously with a drop of that much, the string slipped in the tuner. User error.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by ChiliPepper9
There could be a few reasons, there could be something wrong in the bridge, FLoyd rose systems saddles sometimes get little divets in them that poke at the string and eventually snap the string. Tell him to check the bridge. If the strings weren't put on correctly that can effect it too. OR it could be a neck problem. I know, truss rods suck aha. I've only played for a few years but i've hit about every problem there is haha. Take a look at those and let me know.

I don't think his Les Paul has a Floyd Rose
And if the neck made the tuning drop by 5 steps it would be broken

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I don't think his Les Paul has a Floyd Rose
And if the neck made the tuning drop by 5 steps it would be broken

Well yeah obviously, I was just giving him a whole bunch of reasons why that would happen. Also, my guitar has dropped thjat bad with 9's and the neck is perfectly fine now....
Last edited by ChiliPepper9 at Jan 20, 2012,