So i have my Schecter Omen 6 and the pickups seem to be quite noisy at any kinda high volume. So i was thinking, ill switch the stock ones out for some others. I kinda like the look of EMG's H4 & H4A passives, and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some other pickups that would do good for lots of Distortion but still decent cleans. I play mostly stuff like Parkway Drive, Miss May I, & August Burns Red so i want something thats still a med. or high output, but still quiet when i want then to be.
thanks in adv.
emg 4 actives seymour duncan 4 pasives =) u may wan't to check out the emg 81/60 (60 gives real nice cleans) or the X series who is intend to be the same sound of normal emg's but with nicer cleans
I'd rather have passives; that's whats in the guitar now and i don't wanna go through the trouble of finding room for a battery.
A router will make for an easy way to find room for a battery. In fact, it's the only good way.

Then use a battery box. Srew-down battery covers suck and the holes will eventually strip out.

I like the DiMarzio D-Activators for passive pups approaching the active sound.

Otherwise, I'm kind of a Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader guy for high output pups for my garage rock/punk stuff.
Ya i was looking at the D-Activator too. theres just so many different ones to choose from
Seymour Duncan JB and 59 set

Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz set

Dimarzio D-Sonic and Air Norton

Dimarzio Crunchlap and Liquifire

My favorites.

I give you them because all I know is your guitar. We need more info, I got the bands, but what amp do you have?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Cdyt7717
Ya i was looking at the D-Activator too. theres just so many different ones to choose from

It was an easy choice for me; they came from the factory on my Xiphos... Not sure that many of the varieties have more than subtle differences. Just make sure what you got fits and that it's the kind DiMarzio recommends for the type of wood you're mounting them in. Speaking of mounting, make sure they're right for the way pups are mounted in your guitar--on mounting rings, right?
I have a Randall RH150 head going through a Peavey Triple X cab.

Quote by jetwash69
Speaking of mounting, make sure they're right for the way pups are mounted in your guitar--on mounting rings, right?

uhh.. mounting rings? the pups in here now have a screw to adjust the height attaching them to the pickup frame that screws into the body?
Yeah, the frame is actually seperate from the pup. It's a mounting ring.

So if you get D-Activators (or anything else) make sure it's designed to fit your rings. Vs. mounting directly to the wood under the pups. Sometimes the ones designed to mount directly to pick guards have 2 height screws on the left and one on the right--that won't work for you either.
oh. i mean to say that it has a height screw on each side haha. but ya its got 2 screws. one of each side.