Page 1 of 3
Title sums it up. Not awesome movies with good acting, too. But movies that wouldn't have been nearly as good had it not been for the acting.

For me, The Godfather Part II. I didn't find the story as interesting as Part I, plus is was much harder to follow. But Al Pacino's acting? Good god, I keep watching scenes over and over because of how good he does as Michael Corleone. Everyone else was great in it too. De Niro as Vito, John Cazale as Fredo, and Diane Keaton was a lot better in Part II as Kay than in Part I.
I'm probably gonna be alone on this one, but Willem Dafoe in The Boondock Saints.
Fight Club.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Seven.
No straight out spoilers, but be careful.

The story was brilliant, no doubt, but Kevin Spacey's cold portrayal of his character and Brad Pitt's performance at the climax of the movie really make me rate it not just as a great movie or a phenomenal movie, but a near-perfect movie. I was shaking and almost shed a manly tear at the end of it. Nothing makes me do that, but Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey did.

EDIT: failtags
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jan 20, 2012,
Quote by Ignite
On a slightly related note, I was thinking the other day how shitty the Harry Potter movies would be if they were all American.

inb4 "They are shitty anyway"

They could have done with at least one non-British cast member.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I'm probably gonna be alone on this one, but Willem Dafoe in The Boondock Saints.
I actually agree
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Good Will Hunting, although the story was pretty interesting I thought the acting really put the movie over the top into greatness
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I'm probably gonna be alone on this one, but Willem Dafoe in The Boondock Saints.

Yes.

Flanery and Reedus don't even have real Irish accents, at least Dafoe speaks with his real accent.

Doesn't make me enjoy the movie any less though.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
Yes.

Flanery and Reedus don't even have real Irish accents, at least Dafoe speaks with his real accent.

Doesn't make me enjoy the movie any less though.

They had me convinced, I was kinda butthurt when I found out they weren't really Irish.

IMO Flanery, Reedus, and Dafoe were the only good actors in the film, but boy did they pull their weight.
Chris Kattan's portrayal of Doug Butabee in "A night at the Roxbury" was truly epic, oscar worthy, IMO
Christoph Waltz took what could have been a really average Tarantino movie, and made Hans Landa my favourite Tarantino character ever.

While I love Willem Dafoe, I hated his character, and that movie.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Jan 20, 2012,
Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Red Dragon. I thought all the lead actors did fantastic.

Tobin Bell in the Saw series. After a while that became the only thing I could stand about the movies.
The Cake Eaters. Awful, awful movie, but Kristen Stewart did a really good job with her role.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'd just like to add, I hated all the spider-man movies. crap acting, weak characters, and one man sized wet puss for a lead character.
Lost in Translation. I love the story, but with a film so character driven the actors had to be spot on. And Bill Murray and Scarlet Jo are perfect.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
The Room

I think I'll download that. I still haven't seen more than some clips on youtube.

Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
I'd just like to add, I hated all the spider-man movies. crap acting, weak characters, and one man sized wet puss for a lead character.

That reminds me, 'Brothers,' the American remake of a Norwegian (can't remember if this is correct or not) was the first film that made me realise Spiderman can actually act. Same with Natalie Portman. I never knew she could act before then. They both perform brilliantly in that movie.

EDIT: Turns out the original was actually Danish.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jan 20, 2012,
M.

In all regards, it's a good early noir film. But Peter Lorre's acting...good god. You genuinely feel sympathy for this serial killer at one point. He's the serial killer they spend the whole movie chasing, and you feel sorry for him, because of how powerful the acting is. It's scary the emotion this man put in. If Lang made it a great movie, Lorre made it an all-time great.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 20, 2012,
Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast. Decent film, but his performance is hands down one of the most terrifying, hilarious and greatest things ever.
Quote by Rawshik
Fight Club.

It had an amazing story; was amazingly directed and had amazing acting.

wtf you talkin' 'bout.
fuck
Taken.

If that was anyone else but Liam Neeson, that movie would've been a joke. But since it was Liam Neeson, that is one of the most bad ass movies ever.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Taken.

If that was anyone else but Liam Neeson, that movie would've been a joke. But since it was Liam Neeson, that is one of the most bad ass movies ever.

Even though his acting was terrible in that he started out as vaguely American and then ended up being in full blown Irish idiot mode?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
12 Monkeys - Brad Pitt
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Butt Rayge
Seven.
No straight out spoilers, but be careful.

The story was brilliant, no doubt, but Kevin Spacey's cold portrayal of his character and Brad Pitt's performance at the climax of the movie really make me rate it not just as a great movie or a phenomenal movie, but a near-perfect movie. I was shaking and almost shed a manly tear at the end of it. Nothing makes me do that, but Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey did.

EDIT: failtags

The monologue Spacey does in the back of the car at the end is phenomenal.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Definitely Pulp Fiction. The story and dialogue are so ridiculous at times that it only becomes believable because of the actors. I mean, could you picture anyone else having the "Quarterpounder in France" conversation and still be able to take it seriously?
Synedoch New York.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by WantsLesPaul
The Room

Fuck you, I wanted to post that.

Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
'Dumb And Dumber' would've been crap without Jim Carry IMO. No body else could ever pull that shit off and get away with it.

Also, 'The Departed' was an amazing film, incredible cast and director, but I gotta give it up for Jack Nicholson. He was phenomenal in that film, and I dont think it would have been the same without him.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by CoreysMonster
Definitely Pulp Fiction. The story and dialogue are so ridiculous at times that it only becomes believable because of the actors. I mean, could you picture anyone else having the "Quarterpounder in France" conversation and still be able to take it seriously?

Agreed!

Also, MacGruber.

Gear:
-Custom Frankenstrat (Now in bits pending a home-made Charvel So-Cal mod)
-Boss ME-25 (Modded with gaffer tape and blu-tack)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Modes and scales are dumb and useless. Stop learning them. No, seriously.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The King's Speech defines this. The story was so average, but Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush (and maybe Helena Bonham Carter) made it a pretty good movie.

This.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
HEAT.

De Niro and Pacino in the diner. Favourite scene ever.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It'd be a brilliant movie with average acting, but One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Everyone in it is brilliant, and make a film that'd be brilliant otherwise to one of the best film ever. Rightly won pretty much every acting Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA.
Devils Double
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']They could have done with at least one non-British cast member.

JK Rowling sold the rights to the movies on the condition that it would be made in Britain with a British cast.
Page 1 of 3