I've got this late 80's Korean made Starforce guitar (I know, the name is goofy but cool at the same time)
It's blue crackle, 24 fret maple neck, but the pickguard must be replaced.
(a friend of mine had made one, painted it, but cut some holes uneven and i know i can do a better job at it)
So seeing as how this is LEGIT an 80's guitar, whats a good suggestion for a control/pickup setup on a new pickguard?
I was thinking a slanted neck single coil, bridge humbucker, single volume, and a 3 way lever switch. Any objections or opinions?
I'll be doing this once I find a sheet of black plastic, which amazingly, seems impossible to find something so simple.
Cusp of Magic
If you want to be really 80s, the way to go is a slanted bridge humbucker, a single volume control and nothing else.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
If you want to be really 80s, the way to go is a slanted bridge humbucker, a single volume control and nothing else.

I know that's THE thing of 80's guitars.
But I want a little more tonal control while still keeping it simple and unique looking, hence why I asked about a slanted neck single coil, I was thinking George Lynch, or a lot of the Charvel guitars you see with a similar setup.
Cusp of Magic
I think you already have a great plan, so I would go for it. The slanted single coil neck pickup and a bucker in the bridge combo was very popular back in the 80's scene, along with just the slanted bucker in the bridge guitars. They also had the Slanted bucker in the Bridge and a straight single in the neck.

Her is an old Kramer stagemaster with that config you want, so yeah very 80's.

Thought this Custom SM is sweet.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Jan 20, 2012,
I love that jack in the box one.
Yes, it'd be just like that, but without the tone knob.
And I've thought of the reverse slant but something tells me I wouldn't like the sound of the thicker strings more trebley than the skinny strings, i'll probably just make it slanted traditionally.
Cusp of Magic