he walks around like a wannabe wrestler yet there are literally so many people that have far superior guitar abilities than him.I used to be a fan of his....but he just takes this $@!& talking tough guy thing way over the top like it's an act or something.....yet doesn't admit that there are tons of session guys,and even people in his genre that will take him to school...over the last 7 years i always anticipated with excitement when a new bls album would come out hoping he would evolve...but all you get are the same boring ass pentatonic runs and then him talking shit about other musicians left and right....
Steve Lukather,
Steve Hackett,
Steve Howe,
and let's face it, Petrucci.

EDIT:
Eric Johnson,
ect.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Last edited by Lord Waltaa at Jan 20, 2012,
Play a pinch harmonic power chord (with vibrato, some wah) and you will get zakk wylde's career. Dave Mustaine, Devin Townsend, Willie Adler, Peter Wichers, Marty Friedman.
I am the crack in the wall, The eye in the sky.
I am the final slumber, The great divide.
I am the silence in madness, That lies to your face,
My woe is accepted, 'tis the end of your race.
As much as I am not a fan of any of his music, he seems like a cool guy. Plus, I've never heard him brag about how he is better than everyone. He has had some success and is enjoying it. I don't expect him to go around saying "No guys sorry I can't play guitar tonight. I found out there are a bunch of guitarists better than me so I'll just leave all the playing to them."
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Lord Waltaa
Steve Lukather,
Steve Hackett,
Steve Howe,
and let's face it, Petrucci.

EDIT:
Eric Johnson,
ect.

exactly right...but do the"mainstream" audiences know that?no because they are not musicians and they are too stupid to understand that ..lol
What "attitude" are you talking about? If someone dumps on him then of course he holds a grudge, but other than that he's a cool, nice guy. I constantly hear him bending over backwards to compliment tons of other players. His style is narrow in scope but he's damn good at it, and I've never heard him knock any other styles or talk up his own.
Quote by styles 450
exactly right...but do the"mainstream" audiences know that?no because they are not musicians and they are too stupid to understand that ..lol

Who the **** cares about the 'Mainstream' audience. As long as I know it and you know it, we're fine.
Once a band becomes 'Mainstream', they're as good as ruined anyway.
(Inb4 hipster)
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
Who the **** cares about the 'Mainstream' audience. As long as I know it and you know it, we're fine.
Once a band becomes 'Mainstream', they're as good as ruined anyway.
(Inb4 hipster)

very true...the point i was making is that people within the mainstream are very narrow minded and uneducated about real musicianship...so normally they would look at him as some sort of god guitar wise....when in fact there are far better players(lots of em)than him...
Quote by styles 450
very true...the point i was making is that people within the mainstream are very narrow minded and uneducated about real musicianship...so normally they would look at him as some sort of god guitar wise....when in fact there are far better players(lots of em)than him...

Welcome to the real world?

While I don't like Zakk's playing most of the time there's no reason to really go hating on him, he's not done anything. I wouldn't exactly call BLS mainstream either...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
These threads cause terrorism.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!