Page 1 of 2
Anyone else ever do this?

Hadn't done it for a few months until last night. My 2.0l Ford Focus vs my mates Mitsubishi FTO. Dragged that mofo' down a rural straight road.

Stories of victories?
RIP Tom Searle.
All Street racers should receive lifetime driving bans. Irresponsible fools who endanger innocent lives. This kind of behaviour belongs at a race circuit or drag strip nowhere else.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
All Street racers should receive lifetime driving bans. Irresponsible fools who endanger innocent lives. This kind of behaviour belongs at a race circuit or drag strip nowhere else.

+1
Been watching fast and the furious much?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I street race all the time, leaving fools in my wake.

Behold my monster:

Granted, the fools I leave behind are usually kiddies on tricycles, but still, a win is a win.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Not seen them, actually.

All races / high speed attempts (180kph) have been on rural roads with no houses on the road during the middle of the night. **** busy streets, that's dangerous
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
Not seen them, actually.

All races / high speed attempts (180kph) have been on rural roads with no houses on the road during the middle of the night. **** busy streets, that's dangerous

And when you crash and kill either yourself, your passengers, or the guys in the other car - I'm sure the "but it was on a rural road at night" excuse will be understood, and the paramedics will understand why you did it, as they scrape you up off the pavement.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

OP thinks his car is a Hot Wheels. I hope you crash, I really do.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Last edited by Ed Hunter at Jan 20, 2012,
I've never done any street racing but I once punched out a ladycop who pulled me over for a breath test. I was so wasted. As soon as she asked me to hop out of the car I smacked her across the head and ran for the hills.

Dumb bitch.
Still will never be as cool at driving as this man TS

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Usually don't race others, just give it a hit here and there. There are undercover cops here that bait you into racing, so I'm a bit paranoid.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
There's a set of lights at the bottom of a long hill that leads up to the Uni that I attend (80km/h limit, though everyone drives 100km/h up it), I get challenged to race nearly every time I'm at the front of the line at those lights.

The sad part is that it's usually a kid with his 'novice' driver permit in his 100hp Civic with a tin can for a muffler. I swear my 240SX is like cat-nip to these guys
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
With me they just see a teen driving a Ford Focus.

Too bad for them that its the 2 litre sports model haha.

Done a few civics on the motorway, actually. Lost against a WRX (as expected). Still sucked.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
With me they just see a teen driving a Ford Focus.

Too bad for them that its the 2 litre sports model haha.

Done a few civics on the motorway, actually. Lost against a WRX (as expected). Still sucked.

the ST170? or the new fat mk2 focus?
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Nah, although they're real nice. Mine is the Centennial Edition Focus. The black 3 door, body kit as standard etc.

Thought of adding a Turbo, buts its all the other parts that come with it which are expensive.
RIP Tom Searle.
I have a 1 litre Vauxhall Corsa.

No I don't drag race.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
There's a set of lights at the bottom of a long hill that leads up to the Uni that I attend (80km/h limit, though everyone drives 100km/h up it), I get challenged to race nearly every time I'm at the front of the line at those lights.

The sad part is that it's usually a kid with his 'novice' driver permit in his 100hp Civic with a tin can for a muffler. I swear my 240SX is like cat-nip to these guys

your driving a silvia and your surprised people are trying to race you. Is it stock?
i love a good race from lights to lights. My friends mum has a vx clubby, I had always thought they were pretty crap cars but i've got to admit that thing went pretty hard.
All these people who hate speed shows they have no interest in cars, if you have no interest in cars you have no interest in driving, if you have no interest in driving your probably no good at it
Quote by mybanez
your driving a silvia and your surprised people are trying to race you. Is it stock?
i love a good race from lights to lights. My friends mum has a vx clubby, I had always thought they were pretty crap cars but i've got to admit that thing went pretty hard.
All these people who hate speed shows they have no interest in cars, if you have no interest in cars you have no interest in driving, if you have no interest in driving your probably no good at it

Yeah, driving in a straight line in average road cars is so difficult.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by mybanez

To be honest, I think of people drag racing in the streets as something of a Darwinian mechanism.

Eventually, these idiots will smear themselves across the tarmac, and the genepool will be cleansed of their stock.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Ed Hunter
Yeah, driving in a straight line in average road cars is so difficult.

What are you on about, that in no way had anything to do with what i said
Quote by metacarpi

To be honest, I think of people drag racing in the streets as something of a Darwinian mechanism.

Eventually, these idiots will smear themselves across the tarmac, and the genepool will be cleansed of their stock.

die doing what you love i reckon
Quote by mybanez
die doing what you love i reckon

Preferably taking out bystanders in the process, and devastating your family and friends when they find out someone close to them has been killed by being a ****ing retard?

Nice.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Preferably taking out bystanders in the process, and devastating your family and friends when they find out someone close to them has been killed by being a ****ing retard?

Nice.

I'm not stupid enough to do it around people
And i think my family would find comfort in me dieing doing what i love, rather than dieing when im 80 shitting my pants, pissing myself, and forgetting my name
Quote by mybanez
And i think my family would find comfort in me dieing doing what i love, rather than dieing when im 80 shitting my pants, pissing myself, and forgetting my name

I very much doubt your family would be glad you died young street racing rather than dying of old age.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I very much doubt your family would be glad you died young street racing rather than dying of old age.

I don't know, if he was my kid I'd just be glad to be rid of him.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by mybanez

I'll find comfort in you dying whatever happens son.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by MadClownDisease

well my grandmother has just died of cancer. After being a proper lady and devoted christian her whole life towards the end she hated all of us because she didn't know who we were and thought we were trying to kill her. as well as that she had lost all control of her bowels. After we all watched that i think my family would be happy to know i went enjoying myself rather than in years of pain and confusion.
Any way we obviously have different opinions on speed so im not going to argue.
Thats pretty selfish man.

Even if your apparently not worried about dieing what about some poor person you hit? In my area some 5 year old kid got killed on a tricycle on one of the old roads you said were safe.
Quote by mybanez
well my grandmother has just died of cancer. After being a proper lady and devoted christian her whole life towards the end she hated all of us because she didn't know who we were and thought we were trying to kill her. as well as that she had lost all control of her bowels. After we all watched that i think my family would be happy to know i went enjoying myself rather than in years of pain and confusion.

Erm, i think he means your family would rather you dropped dead suddenly in your sleep, not suffered from cancer OR got creamed in a street race...
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Should planes only be able to go 110 because its more safe?
also whats wrong with doing 110 on a dead straight 80 road that you know is empty? (have people checking at the other end) when 110 is the speed limit on 90% of roads
Quote by mybanez

Unless your grandmother went out and gave cancer to herself, this is a misleading analogy. That was something unfortunate that struck her, not a choice she made.

On the other hand, sorry for your loss.

EDIT:

Planes aren't going to smash into other planes, buildings, street fixtures etc.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Planes aren't likely to to have a sudden incident that can cause a crash in mid air. That's a daft argument. In a car on a road you have a whole host of things that can happen. People walking on the road, other car users, animals darting across the road, road conditions etc etc.
Quote by metacarpi

Planes aren't going to smash into other planes, buildings, street fixtures etc.

yes but neither are cars when the race is properly planed. What about 911?
also i don't know the number but i'm pretty sure over 50% of people who live past 70 die of cancer
Quote by JackalUK
Planes aren't likely to to have a sudden incident that can cause a crash in mid air. That's a daft argument. In a car on a road you have a whole host of things that can happen. People walking on the road, other car users, animals darting across the road, road conditions etc etc.

I'm talking about races on empty roads at least 5 km out of town with someone in a car checking on the other end that there is no other cars people animals on the road
Quote by halikus

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by mybanez

No I agree dying a slow death is not nice, and neither is dementia, senility, incontinence, cancer...

But it's not either that or dying in a car crash, there IS a middle ground...
I doubt your family would be happy for you if you died young whilst street racing, thinking "well at least he didn't go senile!", there is usually (assuming you're around 20?) another 40-50 years before you'd get to an age that's a risk.

Quote by mybanez
I'm talking about races on empty roads at least 5 km out of town with someone in a car checking on the other end that there is no other cars people animals on the road

If you're actually doing that then that's great, but considering you've already said how much you like racing from lights to lights, I'm guessing that's not true even in your case, let alone the fact it's certainly not true in most cases.
Even so, without actually sealing off the area, you cannot be certain there will be no other people around or walking by the road. And even then, if you crash on that road, there's still a whole hoard of other people who will have to sort you out needlessly.

That's why people don't like street racers.
Page 1 of 2