Hi, I know this is a very small budget but it's the best I can do. I need a 1x12 cab to use as an extension cabinet for my Peavey Bandit 112, and was wondering what the best one is?

Cheers
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
What is the purpose for needing an extension cabinet for your Peavey?
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Andertons has a Jet City 1x12 for 99, but your best bet is to look Used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
under £100 for a 1x12? Be hard work, best bet is to look used, maybe snag a decent offer.

Or if your after something new, I used to have a Harley Benton 1x12 with my TT when I had that. Wasn't too bad, especially for the price
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by jukejointjohnny
What is the purpose for needing an extension cabinet for your Peavey?

Just give it a bit more thump. Plus it takes it up to 100w as opposed to 80
Petra - Beyond Belief.
What you need is a new amp.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
that jet city one angus mentioned is probably worth a look, though i haven't tried it.

the valve junior one's pretty good, too, if you can still find one under £100.

main thing is to make sure it's ply, i guess. at that price most cabs will be particleboard/mdf/similar guff and you generally want to avoid that. especially when there are some ply options at the same price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Any7423
Just give it a bit more thump. Plus it takes it up to 100w as opposed to 80
wut?

80 watts is 80 watts dude. adding a cab isn't going to magically make the amp put out more watts.
Quote by AtaBorMan
What you need is a new amp.

Listen, I am not an idiot, and I have no time for snobs such as you. FYI I have a handwired boutique all valve amp aswell, and quite frankly the Peavey Bandit is one he'll of an amp.
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by al112987
wut?

80 watts is 80 watts dude. adding a cab isn't going to magically make the amp put out more watts.

Obviously adding an extension cabinet to just any amp will not magically add watts. However if you look up the Peavey Bandit 112 you will find that this is the case. This is because the amp puts out 80 watts at 8 ohms and 100w at 4 ohms. The internal speaker is 8 ohms and adding another 8 ohm cab takes it down to a 4 ohm load. Comprende?
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Any7423
Obviously adding an extension cabinet to just any amp will not magically add watts. However if you look up the Peavey Bandit 112 you will find that this is the case. This is because the amp puts out 80 watts at 8 ohms and 100w at 4 ohms. The internal speaker is 8 ohms and adding another 8 ohm cab takes it down to a 4 ohm load. Comprende?

No offence, but almost all of your 1x12 cabs are going to be 16 ohms, so make sure you are getting an 8 ohm cab.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Any7423
My mistake, you would be surprised at how many people on UG make posts thinking that adding an extra speaker increases the wattage of an amp.
Quote by Robbgnarly
No offence, but almost all of your 1x12 cabs are going to be 16 ohms, so make sure you are getting an 8 ohm cab.

agreed

if you need it to be 8 ohms you should have said. the valve junior one is 16.

now obviously if you swap teh speaker you can put an 8 ohm speaker in, but that's not exactly going to keep the price down.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Any7423
Listen, I am not an idiot, and I have no time for snobs such as you. FYI I have a handwired boutique all valve amp aswell, and quite frankly the Peavey Bandit is one he'll of an amp.

Peavey Bandit is an awful amp in my opinion but ok....
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by Redstar5wp

i could say the same thing to you. but i am not a jackass. so

bandits are by far one of the better solid state amps, while not the best, not terrible. tube? no, but they still sound good, especially for value. i could list a dozen worse amps off the top of my head.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Redstar5wp

Don't wish to start an argument here, but just because you have more cash than me, doesn't make you wiser... And frankly even if I had the money for a Mesa half stack or something, I would keep the Bandit.
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Any7423
Don't wish to start an argument here, but just because you have more cash than me, doesn't make you wiser... And frankly even if I had the money for a Mesa half stack or something, I would keep the Bandit.

your good, don't worry.

he is jerk. sometimes they have to be put in their place, if he reads my gear list he will shut up for a while at least.

being happy with what you have is what is best, not how many $100 bills are in your pocket.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/